Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk Thread (because why not?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cyberpunk Thread (because why not?)

What kind of stuff would you guys want to add to a Mirage to give it that Cyberpunk style? And what style do you think would suit each model best, Entropism, Kitsch, Neo-Militarism, or Neo-Kitsch?

I think it would be cool to place a few solar panels on the top and run cables inside to charge a separate docked battery, running some tech inside like a Pi computer or a phone stand with active cooling. Maybe even fit a little mounted turbine to the passenger side roof to charge the system while driving.

Personally I like the Entropism style but I think the cars swing more naturally to the Kitsch style

Name:  Cyberpunk_Styles.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  93.5 KB

Last edited by Nifty_Biscuit; 10-03-2022 at 10:36 PM. Reason: I hit enter by mistake LMAO

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I guess I are too old as I have no clue what you're talking about... Is that even English??? Sorry,,,
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-04-2022),Fummins (10-04-2022),Nifty_Biscuit (10-04-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I guess I are too old as I have no clue what you're talking about... Is that even English??? Sorry,,,

LMAO! It's a videogame, and I only know that because I have a 15 y/o! And I'll bite, OP: I think the hatch lends itself to Entropism.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Nifty_Biscuit (10-04-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yea, its a popular video game set in a dystopian capitalist setting! It was adapted from a table top game originally released in 1988, now there is the newer versions of the tabletop game, a very popular video game, and a hit anime adaptation.

I think the car designs in the game and show are super cool which is why I made this thread!

Here is a real-world example of the style, the Hyundai N Vision 74 concept car. (Its a hydrogen cell and Electric hybrid car)

Name:  hyundai-rn22e-and-n-vision-74-concept-on-track.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  58.5 KB
    Last edited by Nifty_Biscuit; 10-04-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty_Biscuit View Post
    What kind of stuff would you guys want to add to a Mirage to give it that Cyberpunk style? And what style do you think would suit each model best, Entropism, Kitsch, Neo-Militarism, or Neo-Kitsch?

I think it would be cool to place a few solar panels on the top and run cables inside to charge a separate docked battery, running some tech inside like a Pi computer or a phone stand with active cooling. Maybe even fit a little mounted turbine to the passenger side roof to charge the system while driving.

Personally I like the Entropism style but I think the cars swing more naturally to the Kitsch style

Name:  Cyberpunk_Styles.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  93.5 KB
    Brother if you want the baby boomers on here to understand Cyber Punk, you need to say it in 1980s language. So instead say you're going for a "Blade Runner" aesthetic with your vehicle. That's the Harrison Ford movie/Philip K. Dick novel that kicked off the whole genre.

Just don't add any freaky neon lights to your Mirage if you don't want to deal with electrical gremlins from hell. A bad brake light can trigger the CEL in these cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Brother if you want the baby boomers on here to understand Cyber Punk, you need to say it in 1980s language. So instead say you're going for a "Blade Runner" aesthetic with your vehicle. That's the Harrison Ford movie/Philip K. Dick novel that kicked off the whole genre.

Just don't add any freaky neon lights to your Mirage if you don't want to deal with electrical gremlins from hell. A bad brake light can trigger the CEL in these cars.
    Yea my dad and I watched the old and new Blade Runner movies when the new one came out, cool movies! As for neons, not my style. Mine already looks like a bug without making the ass light up!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty_Biscuit View Post
    Yea my dad and I watched the old and new Blade Runner movies when the new one came out, cool movies! As for neons, not my style. Mine already looks like a bug without making the ass light up!
    Get some loud azz Japanese writing decals. Get an Imperial Rising Sun flag decal and when your driving, wear sunglasses like this. Name:  r4u169t2y6541.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  25.9 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Decal like this would look dope too. Name:  51HJskbaD6L._AC_SY580_.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  22.3 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Who remembers "Big Trouble in Little China"?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Who remembers "Big Trouble in Little China"?
    That movie was hilarious.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)