Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE
    Grey
    5 speed manual transmission

I'm the 3rd owner, it's lived in Illinois for most of its life. It's a little rusty. It's a stickshift SE, well equipped loaded trim, with push button start, push button door entry, factory 2017 engine and brake enhancements, coming from a 2015 DE

•  
    Details

Stock, banged up

Stock, cigarette burn in the rear seat, arm rest cup holder

•  

Stock

•  

Stock, power washed

Stock

•  

Stock, 14" SE alloys

•  
    Comments: 12 / Views: 5258
    A quick inspection, brakes seem okay like they'll last past winter spring summer hopefully. The pads have plenty of material and the rotors look alright. The drums look okay except the right drum which looks more worn than the left. More correctly, the right-hand shoes look more worn than the left.

These brakes are a little rusty but the pedal felt good, strong and responsive not spongy. I plan on bleeding the system anyway. The chassis is in a lot better shape than i imagined. I will be piecing together new parts for the next service replacement.

Name:  PXL_20221021_063620975.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  PXL_20221021_063714914.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  PXL_20221021_063839333.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  PXL_20221021_063751873.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  97.9 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    More correctly, the right-hand shoes look more worn than the left.
    You know what your problem is? You take things apart and look. You wouldn't be having any wear concerns if you hadn't tore it apart. Ignorance is bliss.

To be honest, maybe I've been lucky, but I tend to do my inspection by the performance of the vehicle. And by that I mean, I generally drive extremely gentle on a vehicle. Very defensive, very gentle. Which gives me more time to feel, hear, see things before they get busted.

The way I'm driving the Blueberry, I wouldn't be surprised if I got 100k miles on these Enasaves and never need to service the brakes before the Blueberry is no longer of my concern. What a car...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You know what your problem is? You take things apart and look. You wouldn't be having any wear concerns if you hadn't tore it apart. Ignorance is bliss.
    Haha funny! I can't stop myself, been tinkering for too long.

To be honest, maybe I've been lucky, but I tend to do my inspection by the performance of the vehicle. And by that I mean, I generally drive extremely gentle on a vehicle. Very defensive, very gentle. Which gives me more time to feel, hear, see things before they get busted.

The way I'm driving the Blueberry, I wouldn't be surprised if I got 100k miles on these Enasaves and never need to service the brakes before the Blueberry is no longer of my concern. What a car...
    I drive my delivery Mirage pretty aggressively and push it's limits at times.

People drive fast nowadays! Cars have a lot of horsepower and torque and the Mirage's 3a92 doesn't!

The Mirage is a slow car you drive fast. You'll lose on the straight aways but might have a chance around corners and downhill. Sometimes i feel like Bunta racing an NSX just to drop off my deliveries.

Last edited by davidricardo86; 11-01-2022 at 08:15 AM.