Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE
    Grey
    5 speed manual transmission

I'm the 3rd owner, it's lived in Illinois for most of its life. It's a little rusty. It's a stickshift SE, well equipped loaded trim, with push button start, push button door entry, factory 2017 engine and brake enhancements, coming from a 2015 DE

•  
    Details

Stock, banged up

Stock, cigarette burn in the rear seat, arm rest cup holder

•  

Stock

•  

Stock, power washed

Stock

•  

Stock, 14" SE alloys

•  
    Comments: 12 / Views: 5255
    I recently purchased a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE with a manual transmission. It has 117k miles, I'm the 3rd owner, and it has lived it's life in the Midwest, Illinois, USA. It's a little rusty around the suspension, brakes, engine and cosmetically it's in bad shape.

It was relatively CHEAP and it had BOTH key fobs! In this post pandemic Q3 2022 economy, it listed for $6500! I qualified for a 6.5% interest rate $0 down payment financed, and local sale (Lighthouse Buick GMC Morton IL). The monthly payment will be $182 for 48 months. This will be my new delivery Mirage and daily ride.

Name:  PXL_20221004_044554209~2.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  96.2 KB

I plan on selling my old delivery Mirage 15 DE base manual with 150k miles to an old friend. His Honda Civic hybrid has a bad traction battery.

Name:  PXL_20220925_025218575.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  91.7 KB

This new-to-me 17 SE manual feels different than my 15 DE manual does. Seating position feels better on my bad back compared to the low seating of my 15 base. The brakes feel stronger and the engine torque-ier. Even the shifter feels tighter. I really like it, it feels like it has a little more pep in its step. I'll keep my eyes open for a low mileage one later.

Name:  PXL_20221004_044639223~2.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  96.2 KB
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 10-27-2022 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the grammar a bit, 15 de pic

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I recently purchased a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE with a manual transmission. It has 117k miles, I'm the 3rd owner, and it has lived it's life in the Midwest, Illinois, USA. It's a little rusty around the suspension, brakes, engine and cosmetically it's is in bad shape.

But it was relatively cheap in this post pandemic Q3 2022 economy. Listed at $6.5k, 6.5% interest, financed and local sale. This will be my new delivery Mirage and daily. Monthly payment will be $182.

I plan on selling my old delivery Mirage 15 DE base manual to an old friend. At times i feel like keeping it.

This new to me 17 SE manual feels different than my 15 DE manual does. Seating position feels better on my bad back. Brakes feel stronger and engine torque-ier. Even the shifter feels tighter. I really like it. I'll keep my eyes open for a low mileage one later.
    The 2017 SE manual is sort of a one year wonder. Sadly, the SE manual was dropped in 2018.

Apparently, you can notice the impact of the 4 extra horsepower & larger front brake rotors. Price-wise, I think you got a great deal.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sweet find! I would have bought that myself if I came across it.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The 2017 SE manual is sort of a one year wonder. Sadly, the SE manual was dropped in 2018.
    Yes, it kinda was. If you're looking for the "fully loaded" manual with the 2017 2nd gen facelift where the engine, valve train, suspension and brakes were upgraded. This is it! Shame it was short lived.

Name:  PXL_20221020_065441608.MP.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  PXL_20221020_065452057.MP.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  95.0 KB

Apparently, you can notice the impact of the 4 extra horsepower & larger front brake rotors. Price-wise, I think you got a great deal.
    I believe I felt it!

The 17+ 3a92 valve train seems to be better suited for low end torque. I felt like it launched from a standstill easier faster and i didn't have to rev it as high as the 14+ 3a92.

The bigger brakes were also noticable. Extra power needs extra brakes to slow down! 17+ Mirages grew a little heavier too if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Sweet find! I would have bought that myself if I came across it.
    Yeah it's not bad. I missed out on a 1 owner 9k miles 17 SE manual, so regretful. This one will do for now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Good deal bud. I like it all, cept the push button start. But, that wouldn't stop me from buying such a jewel. Hope it runs trouble-free for a looooong time for ya!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Good deal bud. I like it all, cept the push button start. But, that wouldn't stop me from buying such a jewel. Hope it runs trouble-free for a looooong time for ya!
    Apparently Mirages can go to 400k miles if taken care of.

How come you don't like the push start button? Is it the added complexity?

I think Mitsubishi has a pretty stable solution, i don't hear too many complaints even on this international forum and I've been here for years.

I purposely bought it for this reason. As a delivery car and a delivery driver, i hate having to reach for my keys and then to insert it into the ignition interlock! This wastes precious time for me. I want to be able to keep the fob in my pocket and press the button to start the engine and move onto my next delivery as quickly as possible. That's my logic, we'll see how it plays out. It's very specific to my task at hand I'll admit that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

Wil B (10-27-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    The pooooosh button would be good for what you state. But I think what sort of turns me off is the complexity of running a battery dead and/or the expense of replacing one of the proximity fobs if one were to get lost. A key with immobilizer only would be fine with me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (10-28-2022)

I'd take one with push button start. I'm not afraid of things blowing up on these turds like I would with some other makes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)