Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric's Mirage :: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Eric's Mirage
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage G4 ES
    White
    5-speed Manual

This 2017 Mirage G4 is my first car. Purchased two days ago for $6.5K CAD with 46000km on the clock. 5-speed manual. Already very impressed with the fuel economy after driving it to work and back. Rebuilt status due to an accident of the previous owner that affected the front left side. Was repaired by his insurance and they seem to have done a decent job. After 48 hours with the car, I'm already very pleased.

Details

Has some weird panel gaps from body work on the front left side but otherwise in perfect shape.

Spotless

Aftermarket Kenwood head unit w/ Bluetooth.

•  

Stock

•  

Stock

•  

14" steelies on brand new winter tires. Random hubcaps from Canadian Tire

•  
    Comments: 11 / Views: 3462
    I think they quit selling the g4 up here a few years ago so it's now super rare!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I guess I could imagine why people didn't like the G4. Hatch's kind of have a sporty look, just by the virtue of being a Hatch. I don't look at the Mirage Hatch and see sporty. But as a general rule, I kind of see Hatch's in a sporty light.

However, when it comes to the G4, I tend to think the skinny tires on the G4 detracts from its initial impression more than it does on the Hatch, due to this inherent notion that a Hatch is more sporty. However, the little skinny tires are a part of what makes these cars effective ... these skinny tires have a point, they achieve many things. In my eye though, the little skinny tires (on both) have become kind of sexy. And when I note the skinny tires on the G4, to me, it has began to look "right." And I think the sedan body is more attractive in any event. So, I'm a huge G4 fan. I've kind of got G4 envy. But I wanted to try the Hatch, so I have no regrets owning one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)