Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And you thought Mitsubishi dealerships were bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Mitsubishi engineers must have missed class on the day steering wheel locks were taught.

Just curious - Can you shift a Mirage CVT without the key or key fob?

I saw this somewhere -

"In a Prius you have an unlocked steering wheel but it is impossible to get it out of park without the key so it doesn't really matter that you can steer it."

Wondering if that applies to the Mirage with a CVT at least?

I read where some claim it's not necessary, because cars have electric power steering that turns off. I don't buy that, because a child could still steer a Mirage with the EPS turned off.
    I think most(if not all modernish cars ) require the key to be in the run position and foot on the brake to shift out of park. I know a 1990 taurus was this way.

On the Mirage, this is the case. The work around is there's a little cap you can remove next to the shifter then shove a key or knife down there to pop the shifter out of park. I've had to do this when drivers park their Mirage in my way and take the keys, I just hop in and pop the shifter into neutral and push it across the parking lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-24-2022),inuvik (10-22-2022)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I had to put a slightly oversized screw in the override hole, wish I could get rid of the gated gear shift as well

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Donut Media on Youtube did a video showing the world how to steal a Kia or Hyundai with a screwdriver and a usb cable. It’s really really simple. And I bet nobody is paying for those steering wheel locks. Theyre probably $500 or something haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    ...wish I could get rid of the gated gear shift as well
    I'm with ya there! I have a 2010 Lexus LS 460L with a gated shifter, and a 2003 Toyota Camry with auto and no gates. The Camry is a such a pleasure to get in and shift. No fidgeting, just push / pull it goes right where you want it, like it knows what you want. The Lexus gated shifter is a PITA. I can never get it where I want it without looking down to see where it's stuck. No gated shifters for me if I can help it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)