Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Mirage Auto CVT code P285A

Well, that was stupid...Car still acts like pooh. Thankfully I took lots of pics and vijeo so I could go back and look at what I did wrong. There are 2 connectors on the valve body that look similar but are different colors, they both reach 2 different solenoids. Yesterday I assembled the valve body on the bench and couldn't remember which way the plugs went and didn't get around to verifying I got it right...And today I forgot about it, reassembled everything and now I have to do most of that all over again. Drop the pan, filter, valve body and switch two connectors around. Then hope the original problem goes away and the current new ones do as well. At this point I want to push it back into the corner for another week.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Yesterday, my blue Mirage poofed up a code. I connected my reader to it, fired up my app and checked it. It was P3501. I looked it up, and it is: P3501 - Not CVT equipped, enjoy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Yesterday, my blue Mirage poofed up a code. I connected my reader to it, fired up my app and checked it. It was P3501. I looked it up, and it is: P3501 - Not CVT equipped, enjoy.
    Attachment 25161
    Hilary us

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Whoops, I haven't gotten back to this til just now. I dropped the valve body, swapped connectors around bolted it back together, started filling it with fluid then saw the metal filter sitting on the bench...fak

It's all back together again and I'm taking bets on whether this thing is gonna be good for another year or was this a complete waste of time and I should have just replaced the entire cvt in the first place.

Okay, I'm replacing this transmisson. Enough time and cvt fluid has been wasted already. It drives well enough to probably trade it in or send it to auction. No trouble codes are stored but it just doesn't drive properly. When floored and getting up to speed(45-50mph) it'll seem like it hits a rev limiter at 4500-5000rpm and not want to go any faster. Has the occasional hard shift. In a way I should have just replaced the entire valve body but this transmission has a whine to it, like a loud ford power steering pump whine. Need the car back in service so out it comes. Car is a 2017 with 450k kms, and I'm gonna install a 2015 cvt with 200k kms....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (05-17-2023)