Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage G4 Stuck in park

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Need4Joe View Post
    Found the problem. Thank you Fummins and everyone else for your support. You guys were right. Here it is. https://youtube.com/shorts/CjIOf143SQ8?feature=share. Basically need a bushing. But no stinking autoparts store around here sells any. Anyone have recommendations on where to get a new one and how easy it'll be to replace?
    I'm going to guess that will be a dealership part. Don't see alot of a specific bushing on the aftermarket. And at this point, I'd want an exact match.

I found this not sure if it’s correct or not? https://www.bushingfix.com/mirage-g4/

https://www.bushingfix.com/bp1kit/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (10-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yep. I ordered one from them. Should be here by Wed I'm hoping. Wish me luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Need4Joe For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-23-2022)

Time to quit my day job

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I found this not sure if it’s correct or not? https://www.bushingfix.com/mirage-g4/

https://www.bushingfix.com/bp1kit/

I stand corrected. Nice find. Time for you to stop turning wrenches and move to parts manager.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I stand corrected. Nice find. Time for you to stop turning wrenches and move to parts manager.
    I wanted to get my parts person ticket too but nobody at my old work had one to sign off my hours. Would come in handy when I start looking for another job again.

Quote Originally Posted by Need4Joe View Post
    Yep. I ordered one from them. Should be here by Wed I'm hoping. Wish me luck.
    Glad you got it figured out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Me too. Seems like when the cable was disconnected at the transmission, there was not any load on the cable and while moving that shifter the fixed end of that cable at the shifter would stay in place. But, when the cable is attached at the transmission, the load of pushing that lever would cause the fixed end of the cable at the shifter to pop out of position.

Fummins, that part find and link was awesome. Here is the jist of this thread.

Good ole Joe has been down a few days, maybe a week with his car, but in the end he's spent maybe $30 (including shipping and taxes). How much would ole Joe have spent if he took it to the stealer? I'm guessing over $200 even if they got right to the problem. And there's a fair chance that some stealers would have told him something ridiculous like, "yeah, your transmission has blown the johnson rod so we had to replace the whole thing. That'll be $1,500." Happens every day. But not to good ole Joe! Yahooooo!

Glad you got this thing figured out Joe!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yep on all accounts pretty much. I've spoken with a mechanic the other day and he said he'll charge me about 100 or so to look at it and poke around. Then he prob would've charged me 100 or so to buy a new cable knowing I didn't need a cable. And then crap ton for labor. All I did was buy a 25 dollar piece like you said. And it'll be here Wed for me to put on. I appreciate this group and everyone's advice. I prob would've given it to a mechanic to tend to if it wasn't for this group, so thanks. Hoping it's an easy snap on sort of piece and not a pain to put on. We'll find out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
    I think Fummins link included a video. And they were explaining how to snap in the new piece. Definitely worth a watch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)