I have a Mitsubishi Mirage G4 that is stuck in park and will not engage into any other gear. I want to clarify that the shifter lever will shift and operate normally and without any problems into other gears, but the car acts as though it's in park still. Even the dashboard indicator says it's in "P" also. It revs and sounds normal when I push on the gas why I shift the lever into each gear, but that's all it does. There are no warning or check engine lights on. Nothing that stands out as there's a problem. It's a newer car to us. Straight from dealership (no not under warranty). The car sounds and acts normal, nothing out of the ordinarry.

I have done the following to no avail:
-Checked the transmission fluid. I'm do not know much about automotives, but I think the transmission fluid is supposed to be redish. The fluid in our car appears to be almost transparent but has a hint of grey streaks in it. Unsure if that's normal or not. I've read that my type of car will not be the typical redish color or common type of transmission fluid. If someone can give me some insight on that, it'll be much appreciated.
-Unplugged the battery and left it unplugged for about 15 min and then reconnected
-Rocked the car back and forth while it's in park hoping that maybe it was just "stuck" in a gear or something
-With car turned on, swtiched between each gear for couple seconds, moved stearing wheel around, brakes on and off.
-Took the small cap off that's located next to the shifting lever, used a screwdriver to press down on some button inside the hole which supposedly is supposed to allow you to manually shift and put the car into gear such as neutral, while car was off, shifted it into neutral while pressing down on that button with a screwdriver, then rocked the car and tried to move it (unsuccessfully, acted like it's in park), shifted between different gears. Put back in park manually and turned the car on to see if that did anything, it did not. Still will not shift into any other gear.
-Checked the cable in the engine compartment that I believe is for the gear shifting. Appears to be intact and ok.
-Checked fuses, all appear fine.

None of these steps have done anything. In closing, this same occurance happened about a month ago and while the car was off and using a screwdriver to manually shift it into neutral, we were able to roll the car like it was in neutral. And then put it back in park and turned it on and that worked and did the trick. The car operated normally all the way up until now. But doing that same thing is not doing anything this time around.

Any help or suggestions would be great if anyone has any. I am not mechanically inclined or smart when it comes to mechanics and vehicles. I know I need to, especially that I seem to always have bad luck with cars. I don't need to hear it.

Thank you for any advice or ideas before I fork out thousands for it to get towed and for a professional company to tinker around with it. Afraid it's something very small that I can just fix myself or that I didn't think of.