Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Miles Do Mirages Last For?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Post How Many Miles Do Mirages Last For?

I am thinking about offering someone $6,000 USD for a 2015 mirage RF that has 32,000 miles on it. How many miles can I expect to put on the car?

Also, what would you guys consider a good price for the car?

Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LooCfur View Post
    I am thinking about offering someone $6,000 USD for a 2015 mirage RF that has 32,000 miles on it. How many miles can I expect to put on the car?

Thanks.
    Here's one that was bought back by the dealer with 414,000 miles a couple years ago. It was a delivery vehicle, and White Bear is a legit Mitsubishi dealership in the Midwest.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/12/01/...der%20warranty.

"According to the Huots, the Mirage only needed two noteworthy repairs on its way to 414,000 miles: a replacement starter motor between 200,000 and 300,000 miles and a new set of wheel bearings some time after 150k, both of which they say were addressed under warranty." Dec 1, 2020

Quote taken from article listed above it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

LooCfur (10-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's an impressive number of miles. Alas, I know I can't expect that.

A good price is what you feel is fair. How long it'll last depends on how well you and the previous owner(s) take car of it.

It shouldn't have needed much for maintenance with such low miles other than oil changes. We have many Mirages at my work with 400-485,000km(250-300k miles) that just required basic maintenance to keep them on the road. These are driven like rented mules for the most part by min wage delivery drivers.

I recommend the Mirage to anyone that can stand driving one. They're not for everyone.... But they're dirt cheap to drive and easy to fix/maintain. Anything you need to know or have trouble with can often be figured out on the form(unless it involves something like lift kits, adding a muffler to your air intake or something bassackwards. They are light, low-powered, and the least intimidating thing on the road.

I bought one to commute to work, it does everything I want it to. It's reliable, sips gas and is paid for.

I did a compression test on a 2015 with well over 250k miles the other day. I'll have to post the video. I was impressed.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

LooCfur (10-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    A good price is what you feel is fair.
    Well, what do you think is fair?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Thanks.
    If they take $6,000 for it, you made a heck of a deal. CarMax & Carvana are asking twice that amount for that vintage/mileage Mirages.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

LooCfur (10-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If they take $6,000 for it, you made a heck of a deal. CarMax & Carvana are asking twice that amount for that vintage/mileage Mirages.
    I actually passed on a 2021 mirage with 34,000 miles on it for 7k because car snobs talked me out of it. They acted like it was unreliable.

Well, what do you think is fair?
    You'd know better than I. Every region is gonna be different. That's probably a pretty good price. I'm just a cheap bass turd.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I actually passed on a 2021 mirage with 34,000 miles on it for 7k because car snobs talked me out of it. They acted like it was unreliable.
    That sounds too cheap! Car snobs lol. Yeah, don't take advice from them.
    Mirage videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

I did a compression test on a 2015 with well over 250k miles the other day. I'll have to post the video. I was impressed.

Mirage videos: