Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage Insurance

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I pay roughly 100/mo and some change full coverage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $105/month here w/Progressive

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't remember how much mine is a month, but my total for two cars went up $23/ month from swapping my Jeep for the Mirage. The Jeep had the same policy coverage as the Mirage has, the Mirage has a lien and the Jeep was a 2001 V8 Grand Cherokee 4WD with no lien. Clean record, no recent claims.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All quotes that I've obtained recently:
    Driving History:
    Length - 1Yr1Mo Licensed (Foster care sucks)
    Credit Score Low 600's (It's been a ROUGH last two years)
    Driving Record:
    No Moving/Traffic Violations EVER
    No Accidents/Claims EVER
    No Tickets/DUI/DWI EVER

2014 Mirage ES
    Full Coverage Necessary as I've got a bank loan(All quotes below are with 500 Dollar Deductible on Comp/Collision)

Elephant insurance
    Down: 186.82
    Monthly 136.87

Nationwide
    Down: 140.81(500 Ded) 122.01 (2k Ded)
    Monthly 140.71 122.01

State Farm
    Down: 245.05
    Monthly: 245.05

Auto Partners
    185.81 Monthly
    353.76 Down
    (Also includes 25 Dollar exclusion fee if you have excluded drivers as it's an insurance providers "choice" whether they can exclude)

Infinity
    166mo
    204start

Progressive
    Down: 171.25
    103.75/Monthly

Again, those are quotes that were obtained over the phone with 100% accurate information.

You guys were all leaving out the most important information when it comes to getting a "guesstimate" on what someone's going to get quoted/have to pay (all the info I included at the top)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
    You guys were all leaving out the most important information when it comes to getting a "guesstimate" on what someone's going to get quoted/have to pay (all the info I included at the top)
    Fair enough.

Driving History:
    Length - ~10 years
    Credit Score Low 600's (same here)
    Driving Record:
    No Moving/Traffic Violations last 5 years
    No Accidents/Claims 0 at fault, 1 not at fault parking lot door scrape hit and run incident
    No Tickets/DUI/DWI EVER

Also I have CDL Class A and Class M and have had Progressive for a few years. $105/month (nothing down).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As an update:
    As I waited towards the end of my current cycle with my insurance (hey, it's not "technically" coverage, but it's still coverage the bank can't refuse as long as the policy was active upon purchase, so *raspberry*

I waited around seven days or so before i contacted Nationwide, since they were the more reputable company, and offered the lowest "bid" on a quote.

I was informed after verifying all of my information that since I waited Seven days the price dropped from 140 a month to 130!
    I quaintly asked "well what happens if I wait thirty days then?" to which the rep just snickered, and said "would be nice, wouldn't it"

Anyways, got the price down to 137 a month for full coverage with 500 dollar deductibles, and added uninsured motorist since the price dropped down some during the "wait.

A good little piece of information for those out there looking: Apparently some insurance companies will drop the price if you shop around to help "make the decision a little easier." So keep your eyes peeled!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    pay $45 AUSD a month, full comprehensive agreed value $13,000 for the first year (new for old).

I think my KM need to stay under 10,000km/year.
    no drivers under 25.
    $600 basic excess
    free windscreen replacement, no excess.

my insurance was bundled with the credit union that I got a secured loan through for the mirage.

didn't think insurance was so expensive in the states! especially since your government pretty much makes it a necessity for everyone to be insured up to the tits!

edit 2: just realised, you guys pay third party personal liability (injury to other driver pedestrian) as part of your motor insurance. Here in Australia that insurance is bundled into the on road yearly registration costs of the vehicle payable to your relevant state government authority.

so a more appropriate comparison is $22.75/fortnight insurance + third party component of rego ~$350/yr.
    Last edited by Dumpchook; 04-01-2014 at 11:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES Sport 1.2 manual: 42.9 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpchook View Post
    pay $45 AUSD a month, full comprehensive agreed value $13,000 for the first year (new for old).

I think my KM need to stay under 10,000km/year.
    no drivers under 25.
    $600 basic excess
    free windscreen replacement, no excess.

my insurance was bundled with the credit union that I got a secured loan through for the mirage.

didn't think insurance was so expensive in the states! especially since your government pretty much makes it a necessity for everyone to be insured up to the tits!

edit 2: just realised, you guys pay third party personal liability (injury to other driver pedestrian) as part of your motor insurance. Here in Australia that insurance is bundled into the on road yearly registration costs of the vehicle payable to your relevant state government authority.

so a more appropriate comparison is $22.75/fortnight insurance + third party component of rego ~$350/yr.

Different states also have different liability requirements for deductibles/coverage amounts as well. Texas (AFAIK) is one of the lower states when it comes to uninsured motorists since honestly we couldn't give a rats ass about whether you have no insurance - If oyu don't have insurance your retarded ass shouldn't be on the road.

As for other requirements, we have to pay for Collision, Compensation claims, Liability and/or full coverage, and all types of regulatory/state taxes (which is ironic since supposedly we don't have "state taxes" so who knows.

Yeah, the states require a lot, but in return for the demand we have a pretty good system backing us when it comes to these types of things (unless you get some shoddy insurance company, or it's hard to prove that what happened is what indeed did.)

I just noticed that it does cost mo
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:00 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Really. When I swapped insurance back to my beater 97 it went from $44 a month('15 DE) to $49, same conditions and time period for both, GEICO with WI state minimum.