Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Insurance

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    we carry a million. Not sure why, maybe just in case we take out someones mansion or do something else really really bad!
    Businesses have a lot to lose. Insurance premiums are a bargain compared to some huge lawsuit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

[QUOTE=Eggman;100511]Bu urance covered much of that one.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:02 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I have paid over $30,000 over the course of my driving career into this crooked car-insurance system and have extracted not even a Canadian penny out of it.
    And you never will! We don't have pennies up here any more. We recognized money-losing sentimentatlity when we saw it, and got rid of them. Maybe there are a few old ones floating around down there in old snowbirds' change purses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Thankfully we get free health care, which is good and bad.
    It sure ain't free - check your income tax docs. It is cheap, though. (Not complaining... I've had several run-ins with the health system, and I'm definitely on the winning end of the equation.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

more expensive than a Miata!

I don't cover my cars for collision or loss either - just 3rd party liability.

The Mirage is 37% more expensive than the 1990 Miata - $605 for the year vs $441. The Metro/Firefly is $496.

Does this have something to do with it?

Thread: Mirage beats Corvette! (As the car with the highest U.S. fatality rate)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

[QUOTE=MetroMPG;100515]

It sure ain't free - check your income tax docs. It is cheap, though. (Not complaining... I've had several run-ins with

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, maybe not obviously via a dedicated health tax (like Ontario's "health premium"), but we all pay as a portion of federal income taxes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pryme (12-13-2019)

Yesh, not

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    $75 a month, basic liability, includes roadside assistance. All this Ubering Ive been doing Im supposed to get an exspensive commercial vehicle insurance, but Ill be goddamned if Im going to pay $400 a month in insurance. If I get in a wreck I just hope Im conscious enough to rip my Uber sticker off my front windshield before the other driver or police notices. I dont need them alerting my insurance and having my policy cancelled.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    And you never will! We don't have pennies up here any more. We recognized money-losing sentimentatlity when we saw it, and got rid of them. Maybe there are a few old ones floating around down there in old snowbirds' change purses though.

It sure ain't free - check your income tax docs. It is cheap, though. (Not complaining... I've had several run-ins with the health system, and I'm definitely on the winning end of the equation.)
    Meanwhile in America, I watch people get financially ruined at my work because of a loved one getting cancer with no insurance or rip off insurance. Getting a surgery bill for $280k and only having crappy insurance cover 70% still leaves $80k to contend with. Im guessing 80% of the avg American family doesnt have that laying around? Criminal, what I see at my hospital. I swear if American doctors had it their way, they wouldnt be forced to treat those that cant pay, to hell with the oath. Sickens me that only in America healthcare is treated like a business and not a human right.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    "$230 here in Canada"

Uh, also in Canada here. $75 a month gets me $5m liability, no deductible theft vandal collision, and I've got a weeks rental coverage.

Don't say "Canada" like we all live in the same small town.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-04-2020)