Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a youtube channel

I’m looking at getting a GoPro type camera, I’ve wanted one for years now. I know nothing about them but I was looking into a GoPro 10 or 11 and a dji osmos action 3( or something like that). mainly for sticking it to random vehicles where a phone really isn’t ideal.

Does anyone have any advice on these things?

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sub'd

Looking forward to mirage off-roading

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMW For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-17-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I’m looking at getting a GoPro type camera, I’ve wanted one for years now. I know nothing about them but I was looking into a GoPro 10 or 11 and a dji osmos action 3( or something like that). mainly for sticking it to random vehicles where a phone really isn’t ideal.

Does anyone have any advice on these things?
    I have a go pro, and had a knock off no name brand before. The knock off was completely useless, broke really quickly. I haven't used the go pro too much, I find the battery life to be quite limited as compared to any other battery device.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMW For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-21-2022)

Yeah, I’m not looking for a cheapo one. The dji isn’t much less than a go pro. I guess I’m drawn to underdog things sometimes. My side by side is super under rated imo. Kinda like the Mirage, under powered, great warranty, and pretty bullet proof.

I’m looking at getting a drone too. And a space ship.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I ended up getting a gopro but I find it way faster and easier to use my crappy iphone though. But my phone has one cracked camera lens and the mic is effered. I guess that explains a lot of the crappy sound quality in some of the clips I posted...

I picked up a flying camera thing the other day. Hopefully, it'll warm one of these days so I can try it outside. Crashing into stuff in my house is getting old and expensive. I bought some longer range batteries so now I guess I need a license to fly the thing???

I'll try to get to tearing apart my old cvt one of these days. I'm gonna guess it's pretty clean and tossing a new valve body at it would make it great again. I'll probably never know.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    subscribed. funny, you could have been doing this the last 5 years. BUT, better late than never.

I flooded out my 17 once, I managed to get it going without fuse fiddling. I just got lucky, I know it.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    subscribed. funny, you could have been doing this the last 5 years. BUT, better late than never.

I flooded out my 17 once, I managed to get it going without fuse fiddling. I just got lucky, I know it.
    I've almost always got them running that way. Usually, when they're outside they fire up by just flooring it. When I bring them into the shop cold and then sometimes when I go to pull them out hours or days later they'll often flood if I stupidly let go of the key before it's running. Some are more finicky than others. I had one in the shop a week or so ago and it pulling the fuse was the only way it'd fire. I unplugged the injectors, pulled all the plugs, replaced spark plugs, blew out the cylinders, held it to the floor, nothing...I once had one that was flooded for days.... This is my new go-to method when simply holding the throttle down alone doesn't work.

I've got a long way to go to get monetized. Need 1000 subscribers and 4000hrs of public watch time in the last 365 days afaik.

If we had cameras at my old work 22 years ago......I'd have a ton of crazy content!! Inebriated guys living in old holiday trailers fighting (think trailer park boys but unscripted), cars accidentally getting launched through an overhead door once in a while, cars falling off hoists in the shop, catering truck getting stuck at the top of a hoist that was overloaded..., getting front end loader buried in mud, changing loader tires(20.5x25big sketchy split rims) and having zero idea of how dangerous it was until years later. What OHS/osha?
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-12-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    Mirage videos:

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

george (12-14-2022),tomrad (12-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Only 983 more subscribers and 993hrs of watch time within the next year and I can become monetized!
    Now just 977 to go!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-12-2022)

I've got a goofy question about the youtube....

If you take a picture and then post it on the internet is it now non-copyrighted, and free for anyone to use as they please(youtube)?
    Asking for a friend
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I've got a goofy question about the youtube....

If you take a picture and then post it on the internet is it now non-copyrighted, and free for anyone to use as they please(youtube)?
    Asking for a friend
    If you post anything with a copyright, you'll simply get a message from YouTube to take it down. You only face repercussions if you ignore it.