Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a youtube channel

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Also where's that pic of the cool Mirage with the black rolled fenders? I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If you take a picture and then post it on the internet is it now non-copyrighted, and free for anyone to use as they please(youtube)?
    Asking for a friend
    Haha, nope! You have to have explicit permission to use anyone else's work, unless it meets "fair use" criteria (Google it).

Years ago, I posted a thread on EcoModder about a 1980's vintage Car and Driver magazine article about fuel efficiency modifications. I posted screen grabs of parts of the article, including some pictures. A few months later, I got an email from the photographer (not from the magazine) threatening to sue for copyright infringement. At first I dismissed it as a scam.... but it wasn't!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-23-2023),mohammad (01-23-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I joined a week or so ago. Thanks for the content!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ylekot For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-24-2023)

Thanks to all that subscribed! Just passed 100 Subs!

Here's a short clip of my old stomping grounds. It looks nothing like it did a year ago. There were 3-4000 cars here last summer. When I worked there we had the two small fields in the very back(where the gravel piles are now) packed with vehicles too. That blue early 80's Fiesta that I posted pics of a last year is still there.....I'll try to get more pics of it next week if it's not crushed by then:/
    Everything is gonna be gone in the next few months. They're crushing cars the unconventional way. Instead of using a car crusher and hauling them away on flat beds to the metal plant, some guy is smashing them with an excavator, tossing them into a dump trailer(that looks like an old sea-can with the roof torn off) then hauling then a few blocks away. That way they don't have to wrap that netting around each load. Whatever works...
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-27-2023)

Very cool! There's some neat stuff in there!

Slightly panicky feeling, knowing they're going to be crushed. Are they selling any whole cars to hoarders? Asking for a friend.

Been years since I wandered around a junkyard just for recreational/sight-seeing purposes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I'm pretty sure the old Chevys are gonna be saved, which ones I don't know. There's a grey shortbox stepside square body in the one cluster that I may have to drag home if it's headed to the crusher. As for the rest, I don't know. Might go on kijiji or something. It's gonna be unfathomably costly if the place isn't emptied out soon.

I thought they were gonna have an auction but it's crunch time...

It's bizareo land everytime I go there. The owner is awesome and still a good friend of mine but the place has always been a magnet to some different characters(to put it nicely). If they had a camera crew running around there back in 2000 it'd be a hit. But it wouldn't have lasted one season before ohs and a handful of other finger wavers shut it down. Probably could just say everything is staged though?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I haven't updated this in a while. Thanks to everyone that subscribed so far and stuck around. Video's are a bit of a pita for me to put together, I use my phone to do editing for the most part and it's pretty limited. Then my phone runs out of memory pretty fast...(64g iphone...). I'm still planning to do a cvt replacement video one of these days. Probably not for another few weeks. Holidays are coming up so 2 weeks from now I'll hopefully be in the bush somewhere being attacked by giant mosquitos or grizzlies, either or is better than work.

Oh, and all those cars in the video above are GONE. I haven't been there since that day with the drone but now everything is leveled.
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-05-2023 at 09:29 PM.
    Mirage videos:

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023),inuvik (07-28-2023)

And now up to 310 subs! I haven't uploaded anything in a while. Been swamped getting ready for camping, going camping and now work catchup and getting ready for the next trip. I had someone contact me about removing the alternator bracket recently so I'll post a quick video of how to do that if I have time tonight.

I received a promo code for Parts Avatar(Canadian online parts site). Use this code: RAFAQ6S7NU61P to get 10% off your next order.
    Mirage videos:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-04-2023)

I finally started getting this cvt replacement video put together. Here's Part 1.

Thanks again to everyone who has subscribed!

Mirage videos:

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-04-2023),strawboss (09-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great videos now I get your "river crossing incident" comment lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-19-2024)