Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Toyota Wigo (aka Agya, Daihatsu Ayla) - new competitor to the Mirage in PH

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Then Mirage is still winning over this car BY FAR!! I really can't feel uneven or stony roads (road made from putting stones next to each other instead of asphalt) in Holland. Potholes are no problem as well.
    Their wheelbases are the same, it's just that the Mirage's springs are softer. Whichever you prefer depends on whether you like "sportiness" or "comfort". Or overload your car a lot, which is common in this part of the world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    IMO, the Mirage's springs are WAY too soft.

I had a full load last week (mostly kids at the back) and was still bottoming out a lot.

I think 30% more stiffness would work.

Alpha: based on the number of hits I'm seeing to this thread from PH, the Wigo is generating A LOT of interest over there.

Lots of people are Googling for info compared to Mirage, which is why they're ending up here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I'm not really surprised. If I was in the market for a car now the Wigo would be in very strong contention vs. the Mirage, considering that I'm fine with a manual. For one thing, it's cheaper than the Mirage, and not that much smaller.

If you want an automatic though, 4-speed Wigo vs. CVT Mirage, the Mirage wins hands down!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ I'm not too sure... Toyota as a brand I'll buy, but a Daihatsu-rebadged into Toyota?

I feel more at ease with the Mirage.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    No issue here. I still have a 22-year-old Daihatsu occasionally puttering around town during the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    ^ I'm not too sure... Toyota as a brand I'll buy, but a Daihatsu-rebadged into Toyota?

I feel more at ease with the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The only daihatsus I remembered were those loaf of bread looking small vans. And I knew their AC was bad AND had tons of problems mechanically.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Aircon, yes, but mainly because of the rubbish third-party installation done on knockdown kits here in the Philippines. Mechanically, it's been as reliable as any 20-year-old Japanese car out there. And they're VERY popular in Australia; I've gone to Adelaide a few months ago and I've seen Charades just as old as mine still doing fine (except that the paint was fading badly).

Of course, the little vans were used in commercial capacity and you'd expect them to have mechanical problems as you would expect of such use.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Of course, the little vans were used in commercial capacity and you'd expect them to have mechanical problems as you would expect of such use.
    I suppose you're right... My stepfather's brother had one and they had 6 kids. I guess it did get dogged a lot.

Wigo early sales results are in...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Definitely gonna be a hit.
    You predicted correctly, sir!

Toyota Wigo sells 627 units in March, grabs 27.9% market share

The newly-launched Wigo is having the Toyota effect in the mini hatchback market. It has reportedly grabbed a 27.9% share in the entry-level hatchback segment in March, its first full month of sales. The segment includes the Mitsubishi Mirage, Suzuki Alto, and the Hyundai i10.
    The article doesn't specifically mention any effect on sales of competing vehicles like the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)