Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member, ordered the Space Star this week, should get it soon!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_I View Post
    Hey Dirk, thanks for the welcome, hope you're doing better, I remember reading a post about you getting in a car accident and wrecking the car.

And yeah I do work in tel Aviv so I'll have to drive there for every work shift, car should be perfect for that, I live in Ra'anana which isn't far, about 20 minute drive from tel Aviv so I won't even have to be on a highway for long, heck even if I did, you can't really go fast on most highways here except maybe highway 6 because the government is currently putting lots of money into creating bus lanes everywhere, so speed limit has been reduced from 100km/h to 70 in lots of areas

Not that anyone really follows that tho.. Israeli driving has been known as a jungle for a long time��
    You'll love your car. They should call it the Mitsubishi Mitzvah over there, it's such a good car. Lol.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You'll love your car. They should call it the Mitsubishi Mitzvah over there, it's such a good car. Lol.
    Haha yeah I bet, honestly can't wait to get it and take it for a spin!

i've been browsing amazon and ebay just looking at accessories I might want to add like new all-weather Mitsubishi mats, wheel cover, seat cover, maybe a funny and cute decal on the back window

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Haha yeah I bet, honestly can't wait to get it and take it for a spin!

i've been browsing amazon and ebay just looking at accessories I might want to add like new all-weather Mitsubishi mats, wheel cover, seat cover, maybe a funny and cute decal on the back window
    That heat? You need high quality charcoal tint before anything if I was you. I'd also go with weather tech floor mats, they're cheaper IIRC and of higher quality than the OEM Mitsu all weather mats.

I put 25% 3M tint on all windows except the front windshield. I did this to both my wife's and my Mirage. We got two. It makes a big difference helping the HVAC system IMO.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Trixie_I (11-12-2022)

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Solid advice, i'll check with them if they can set me up once the car arrives.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    ...I put 25% 3M tint on all windows except the front windshield.

That may not be legal in some countries.

Are those big rear red and white reflector decals mandatory in Israel?
    Last edited by foama; 11-13-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    That may not be legal in some countries.

Are those big rear red and white reflector decals mandatory in Israel?
    Lol. It's not in my country either, but it's hardly enforced in hot weather states, like my own Georgia. 32% is the legal limit here officially, but it should be lower. 25% isn't limo tint. An approaching police officer could still see thru my windows, no visibility risk at all.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd also go with weather tech floor mats, they're cheaper IIRC and of higher quality than the OEM Mitsu all weather mats.
    I agree with Dirk. Go with the Weather tech mats. You will be very disappointed in the Mitsubishi ones.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I agree with Dirk. Go with the Weather tech mats. You will be very disappointed in the Mitsubishi ones.
    I love my WeatherTech front mats in my Forester & Mirage, but I am not sure WeatherTech lists Israel as a country they ship products, too? I thought the shipping price to Wisconsin was even a bit harsh at the time when I bought mine.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    SHE's HEEEREE!

Name:  car1.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  95.3 KB
    Name:  car2.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  88.3 KB
    Name:  car3.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  87.1 KB

She's a beauty, I didn't get drive it around too much, as soon as I got her out of the dealership it started pouring rain hardcore so traffic all the way home was slow, tomorrow ill be able to check her out better and see all her quirks in her glory.

But here's my limited experience:

Steering is going to take a bit of getting used to, I'm used to driving a SEAT Leon with very nice steering control, the wheel goes back to center on its own, but in the space star you have to be active with the wheel on every turn.

Everything is louder inside the car, the poor sound isolation wasn't a joke, you can hear the rain pretty loudly compared to any other car I drove, but nothing some music won't help deal with.

My ass and legs feel the road way more now, which isn't a good or bad thing imo, suspension seems softer than I expected tbh so a good surprise there.

the LED headlights are awesome, every car I drove until now had regular ****ty lights, these LED's seem waaay better than anything I experienced so far.

the engine DOES sound kinda like a lawnmower, which I actually like, it's pretty fun to step on the gas and hearing the engine squealing from any attempt at acceleration.

using Ds mode yields surprising results, car seems much more peppy and active with Ds, I was expecting it to just sound louder and not actually do anything, but it does seem to go at with Ds.

Surprisngly good climber, I had 1 ramp on the way home that connects to a bridge and she easily went up, I was expecting to lose a lot more speed going up but she took it fine.

That's about it for now, maybe tomorrow ill give some more thoughts.

I really like her

EDIT'

forgot to mention

I really dig the android auto, the screen is pretty big, everything works super nice and snappy, I'm used to slow af screens that don't have any features except Waze, radio and music, the screen I got is way better than I expected.

I think it's different from other countries, ill post pics tomorrow.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trixie_I For This Useful Post:

BigMW (11-16-2022),Fummins (11-16-2022),inuvik (11-16-2022),MetroMPG (01-19-2023),precisionxt (12-19-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    SHE's HEEEREE!

Name:  car1.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  95.3 KB
    Name:  car2.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  88.3 KB
    Name:  car3.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  87.1 KB

She's a beauty, I didn't get drive it around too much, as soon as I got her out of the dealership it started pouring rain hardcore so traffic all the way home was slow, tomorrow ill be able to check her out better and see all her quirks in her glory.

But here's my limited experience:

Steering is going to take a bit of getting used to, I'm used to driving a SEAT Leon with very nice steering control, the wheel goes back to center on its own, but in the space star you have to be active with the wheel on every turn.

Everything is louder inside the car, the poor sound isolation wasn't a joke, you can hear the rain pretty loudly compared to any other car I drove, but nothing some music won't help deal with.

My ass and legs feel the road way more now, which isn't a good or bad thing imo, suspension seems softer than I expected tbh so a good surprise there.

the LED headlights are awesome, every car I drove until now had regular ****ty lights, these LED's seem waaay better than anything I experienced so far.

the engine DOES sound kinda like a lawnmower, which I actually like, it's pretty fun to step on the gas and hearing the engine squealing from any attempt at acceleration.

using Ds mode yields surprising results, car seems much more peppy and active with Ds, I was expecting it to just sound louder and not actually do anything, but it does seem to go at with Ds.

Surprisngly good climber, I had 1 ramp on the way home that connects to a bridge and she easily went up, I was expecting to lose a lot more speed going up but she took it fine.

That's about it for now, maybe tomorrow ill give some more thoughts.

I really like her
    If your over 6ft I recommend pushing the seat all the way back, tilting the wheel all the way down, and driving with your left hand resting on your knee.