Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Mirage forum

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    This is unpossible. Everyone on the internets says so. They're junk and won't last at all.

However, welcome aboard. I'm impressed with your mighty, er I mean, steaming pile of junk!
    It is a steaming pile of junk but I it obviously can be to bad I haven’t spent that much money beside replacing broken cheap interior crap. 5 wheel bearings almost 6. 16 sets of front pads 3 sets of rotors and over the top maintenance. Thank you for the warm welcome ��

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Belated welcome, Ddmrcsen22!

I don't know if you've discovered it yet, but one of our more prolific members here maintains a fleet of these little turd pails used as delivery cars.

That's an aggressive preventive maintenance schedule for the rubber band transmission. Keep us posted!
    I have not but now I’m intrigued, I took the most of the interior out of mind back seats headliner, almost like a mini mini cargo van ha. Aggressive yes absolutely but it keeps my mind at ease and just seems to be working so I’m sticking to it.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddmrcsen22 View Post
    It is a steaming pile of junk but I it obviously can be to bad I haven’t spent that much money beside replacing broken cheap interior crap. 5 wheel bearings almost 6. 16 sets of front pads 3 sets of rotors and over the top maintenance. Thank you for the warm welcome ��
    Jesus. 16x brake pads? So about every 30k miles? I dealt with a bad wheel bearing but not 5. 5 ain't normal even with 255k miles right?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Jesus. 16x brake pads? So about every 30k miles? I dealt with a bad wheel bearing but not 5. 5 ain't normal even with 255k miles right?
    Lots a braking so they don’t last because they are small. I don’t know why I’ve had an issue with wheel bearings on this car, I think it has to do with cheap eBay parts because I’m cheap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you do courier work with yours? I can't wrap my head around the brake pads... I got 110k out of my OE set...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I'm only at 25k - 26k on mine, so it is just a toddler. However, being a stick and me coasting my speed down and trying to roll through as much traffic as possible and using as little brakes as possible, I doubt I'm going to need much maintenance. There's no indication at this time that the car needs anything. The tires still look good. I'm liking the Enasaves, but won't pay 3X as much as several other choices ... when the time comes. Could be years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)