Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Mirage ES upgrade sound with subwoofer

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sipperofgas View Post
    I installed a ported 8" jl audio microsub from my last car link. It's made the car way more enjoyable since i can't hear any of the rattles and road noise when the music is up 2/3.
    Man why doesn't their Canadian website have as good a selection as the American website.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ylekot View Post
    I'm assuming the factory Rockford box mounts in the trunk of the G4 just like it does in the hatchback. I cannot find any pictures of it mounted in a G4.
    The G4 sedan Sub is a different design.

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...emium-mz315069

Kind of cool. It seems you lose less storage space.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

ylekot (01-24-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I've heard the factory Rockford system is not all that great. Which doesn't surprise me in such an inexpensive car. If I sold my LS 460, the Mark Levinson sound is something I would truly miss. It is quite spectacular.

This is one of those areas I might choose to leave up to a local audio shop. They have the tools and know-how to do the job much cleaner than I, and probably not cost me a whole heckuva lot more than I would spend doing it myself.

However, in such an inexpensive vehicle, my only complaint with the factory system is, when I'm hauling anus on the interstate, I've found myself running the audio system at 45 (which I think is the max), and still not hearing it well. You know, an inexpensive vehicle is going to make a lot of noise running 70+ mph, combined with low fidelity of the sound system. I generally just turn it off when I have to turn it that loud and still don't hear it well, and listen to the engine purr.

And that fact alone would keep me from spending money upgrading the sound system. Kudos to JRB201 (I think it was). I remember, he did a helluva detailed job lessening the road noise in his car. I'd love to ride in his on the interstate, immediately after riding in mine. I bet his is a tomb, comparatively.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    7miles: Did the RF system you heard have factory door speakers or aftermarket?

I am fairly certain from the factory they only add the sub and amp and leave the original door speakers.
    Also, the software add to the amp after installation made a difference during my install.

If I ever took out my carpet I would add some dyno mat of some sort as well. That stuff does add weight though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I mean I heard / read, here on the forums that the sound of the RF wasn't all that great. I've not heard one myself. I think they're fairly rare.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I've read that some people(or one person?) weren't thrilled with their rf setup initially. Then they updated the amp via usb stick and it sounded good?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I imagine the early EQ default settings were tuned to the larger internal volume cars with perhaps very different circuits. You'd be amazed how much better, or worse, small changes can make to the output side of power amps. Not all amps will be "tunable" like this but the ones that respond well should be shipped with more variety available to the user.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)