Thread: 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 5sp - one year later in Canada

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2022 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 5sp - one year later in Canada

Bought brand new in November 2021 from Rallye Mitsubishi in Gatineau.
    Cross shopped the Chevy Spark, Nissan Micra, and KIA Rio.
    I chose the Mirage because I wanted something different that was still offered new, with a low total cost of ownership.
    I've traveled a little over 21000kms in that time, and averaged 5.9L/100kms.
    Replaced the 14" OEM tires with 175/65 winters. I bought a set of 15" MINI Cooper light alloys (12 pounds each!) with 185/55 tires.
    I've done 3 oil changes so far, and replaced the cabin air filter and engine air filter.
    Oil spray was done in July - the best time, as it gives the product a chance to creep into all the nooks and crannies before the temperature starts dropping.
    Aftermarket mods:
    - stereo and speaker replaced, because I've always felt that what comes from the factory SUCKS
    - Weathertech mats, including the cargo liner
    - real leather wrap for the steering wheel, gear shift knob, and hand brake
    - OEM center storage console
    - factory cruise control - since it wasn't an option, I got the switches and got it enabled in the ETACS
    - stickers on the hatch for safety, and a chuckle

I made a quick YouTube video: https://youtu.be/UXjRKpyVAoM

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (11-27-2022),detroit (06-11-2023),Fummins (11-24-2022),inuvik (05-13-2023)

Did you have the dealer enable the cruise for you or did you go the do-it-yourself route?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Did you have the dealer enable the cruise for you or did you go the do-it-yourself route?
    Tried to go the dealer route, and the tech was eager to get it to work. In the end, they kept insisting that it couldn't be done, and that the ECU needed to be flashed. I got the factory switch for the steering wheel switch installed beforehand. They forgot that the clutch switch needed to be added - I found that out later after talking to another guy who lives not too far from me with the same car. Took him roughly 5 minutes to install the clutch switch, and access the ETACS to enable cruise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-24-2022),inuvik (05-13-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    Bought brand new in November 2021 from Rallye Mitsubishi in Gatineau.
    Cross shopped the Chevy Spark, Nissan Micra, and KIA Rio.
    I chose the Mirage because I wanted something different that was still offered new, with a low total cost of ownership.
    I've traveled a little over 21000kms in that time, and averaged 5.9L/100kms.
    Replaced the 14" OEM tires with 175/65 winters. I bought a set of 15" MINI Cooper light alloys (12 pounds each!) with 185/55 tires.
    I've done 3 oil changes so far, and replaced the cabin air filter and engine air filter.
    Oil spray was done in July - the best time, as it gives the product a chance to creep into all the nooks and crannies before the temperature starts dropping.
    Aftermarket mods:
    - stereo and speaker replaced, because I've always felt that what comes from the factory SUCKS
    - Weathertech mats, including the cargo liner
    - real leather wrap for the steering wheel, gear shift knob, and hand brake
    - OEM center storage console
    - factory cruise control - since it wasn't an option, I got the switches and got it enabled in the ETACS
    - stickers on the hatch for safety, and a chuckle

I made a quick YouTube video: https://youtu.be/UXjRKpyVAoM
    You made some really nice modifications to your Mirage. I appreciate the same things about the car. I've had my ES manual for 5 years, and I hope it goes another 5-10 years with ease.

Your YouTube clip was nicely done!

I really don't understand why small cars aren't more popular? Losing the manual option in the States in 2023 is a bummer, too. A manual powertrain is the only one I would consider in a small car like a Mirage. Oh well, if all goes well I don't need to worry about that for another 10 years or so.

Thanks for sharing your one year experience with us!

No cons or negatives? C'mon man, the Mirage isn't perfect! I do enjoy my Mirage as well, congrats on your one year.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (05-13-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy
    Here's my 30,000 km review, with some negatives: https://youtu.be/m8rNr1jCC0g

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-15-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congratulations!