Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 159 of 159

Thread: 2002 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear L400 (Garage entry)

  1. General Information
    2002
    Mitsubishi
    Delica Space Gear L400
    Black
    4spd automagic

    4x4

    •  
    Details

    Has some weird bmw looking grille from a Taiwan market 2005 Delica

    •  

    Stock

    •  
    Comments: 158 / Views: 71944
  1. #151
    I found this on a pay to use site that I ended up stumbling upon a glitchy old page that had these posts. Guy had a 2002 Montero Sport with a 3.0l, so should be the same transmission. I don't have the code 27 but do have the 41 code and similar slipping/driving 2' then falling out of gear symptoms. So it looks like it's probably an internal problem.

    mitsu people please help this truck came in withtrans issuses - started by checking fluid level & condition (ok) ses light was on so pulled codes 27 & 41 tested & found bad output speed sensor & gear selector replaced both input & output sensors & gear range selector codes went away but trans still acts up / as soon as u start moving (like 2 feet) acts like it goes into neutral untill u slow almost to a stop then slams back into gear it does this in every gear accept when starting in low u can manually shift it through all the gears & it works fine (small flare between 1 & 2 but not much) u can also power brake it with no problems in any gear range did wire testing from tcm/pcm to solenoids & they tested ok so we suspected comp. issue - replaced with known good one still same problem when watching scanner & running through gear sector solenoids are in park/net. ok- rev. ok _ 1st ok - 2nd l/r is off 2nd on - 3rd l/r is off od is on - 4th l/r is off 2nd is on u/d is off od is on - no local mitsu dealer one trans shop said trans is shot but just cant beleve that since works fine with manual shifting any help please

    Related Repair History
    came in for transmission problems fluid is full & red pulled codes from computer 27 & 41 replaced input/output speed sensors & gear range selctor

    FIX posted on Jan 7, 2010 6:34:13 AM
    leigh from oregon hit it right on the head. yanked it out and tore it down found internal problems. rebuilt & reinstalled everything is now ok thanks for all the help

    Dec 21, 2009 5:23:16 PM

    ok
    low one way clutch is not engaging. it is a roller clutch that is mechanical. this trans uses the low/rev brake in o/d third and second until vehicle reaches approx 6.2 mph. at that point this low rev clutch turns off and output shaft is held by one way clutch. when you put trans in manual low low/rev hyd. clutch holds and does not release until man 2nd. where it is not used. ------ trans is bad yank it & spank it


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    inuvik (05-15-2024)

  3. #152
    I finally pulled the valve body out of this turd. Looked up at what I could see inside the transmission and didn’t see anything obviously effed. Drug the valve body out and wow, she’s toast. The bottom side looked ok minus some fine glitter stuck to the solenoids but the top side says something in there got old and grumpy then shat out some metal.
    Name:  IMG_6381.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  100.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6385.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  100.1 KB
    Oh well. Me thinks I might night the bullet and just get that used transmission from Vancouver. Not sure what shipping is gonna be. Gonna get a quote and see if it’s cheaper to just pick it up. Or other thought was to try a montero sport transmission but would have to import one from the US, and it’s be a gamble as far if it even fit, then hope it’s not nfg.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-16-2024 at 08:06 PM.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    inuvik (06-16-2024)

  5. #153
    Moderator inuvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coos Bay, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    4,918
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 1,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I finally pulled the valve body out of this turd. Looked up at what I could see inside the transmission and didn’t see anything obviously effed. Drug the valve body out and wow, she’s toast. The bottom side looked ok minus some fine glitter stuck to the solenoids but the top side says something in there got old and grumpy then shat out some metal.
    Name:  IMG_6381.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  100.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6385.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  100.1 KB
    Oh well. Me thinks I might night the bullet and just get that used transmission from Vancouver. Not sure what shipping is gonna be. Gonna get a quote and see if it’s cheaper to just pick it up. Or other thought was to try a montero sport transmission but would have to import one from the US, and it’s be a gamble as far if it even fit, then hope it’s not nfg.
    Wow, yah that's mess for sure. How long of a round trip drive is that for you more than 3000km right? That's a heck of a road trip in the Mirage but the way shipping is these days it might be cheaper to drive and go get it. Just the matter of 2-3 days on the road literally.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)


  6. #154
    It’s About 2400km round trip. Just under 12hrs one way. Doable in a weekend. The worst part is usually driving through Jasper. The coquihalla would be interesting with big hills and 75mph speed limit. Good thing I still have the snow shoes on still
    Name:  IMG_6391.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  103.9 KB
    Car would be cheapest way to go. I’d strongly consider stealing the wife’s Korean trash can but I haven’t made any Mirage vijeos in a while…it’d be kinda fun to take my turd down there. There’s lots of rivers along the way.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    inuvik (06-16-2024)

  8. #155
    Shipping turned out to be relatively cheap so I'm not picking it up. Here's hoping I didn't just e-transfer a scammer a pile of money lol
    What could go wrong?

    I'm in no rush atm cause I effed my arm up the other day and it might be a while til it's fixed by the sounds of it. Probably had a stroke while reading the infamous (anal)lubrication thread.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    7milesout (06-19-2024),Basic (06-19-2024),BigMW (06-20-2024),inuvik (06-20-2024)

  10. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Hurt my arm last week too. I was cutting a limb from overhead with a scissor-like implement. I heard something rip, and my arm started burning. Hurt bad. I was surprised I could use it at all the next day. Still very weak in my left arm, feels like I have a T-Rex left arm.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

    Fummins (06-19-2024)

  12. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Hurt my arm last week too. I was cutting a limb from overhead with a scissor-like implement. I heard something rip, and my arm started burning. Hurt bad. I was surprised I could use it at all the next day. Still very weak in my left arm, feels like I have a T-Rex left arm.
    I'm still not sure what I did. Could have been something like that. I always smash something then its fine a few days later, this has been over a week now. Wife sent me to her chiropractor, he sent me to get x-rays and see a doctor before he made things worse, doctor sent me for blood work. They both figure a pinched nerve. Fingers are numb too, arm is girly weak too. Getting old is fun.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  13. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,550
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm still not sure what I did. Could have been something like that. I always smash something then its fine a few days later, this has been over a week now. Wife sent me to her chiropractor, he sent me to get x-rays and see a doctor before he made things worse, doctor sent me for blood work. They both figure a pinched nerve. Fingers are numb too, arm is girly weak too. Getting old is fun.
    Bummer about the arm issues (7milesout arm, too)! Getting old does stink!

    I hope the transmission deal turns out to be a good one! It's hard to trust people these days.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

    Fummins (06-19-2024)

  15. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,857
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,106 Posts
    One of my best friends in high school, his dad always used to say, "Growing old ain't for sissies." He's still alive. Got to be in his mid-80's. Real good guy.


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

    Fummins (06-21-2024)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •