Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Done any long trips in your Mirage yet? Comfortable? Good fuel economy?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Class action lawsuits against Nissan specifically involving their Altimas.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Did a 16 hour round trip from MI to MO two days after buying my ‘17 SE and a 5 hour MI round trip two days ago. Hand calculated mpg was 37. I was hoping for a bit more because I drove 70 mph consistently. I did have a 15 mph headwind for half of the trip. Which brings me to the comfort. Overall, I was comfortable. However, wind is a horrible enemy of this car. Any discomfort I had was from having both hands on the wheel engaged in keeping the car going straight down the road the whole time. Overall, I’d give it a 7/10 for a long haul cruiser.

Side note... I’m not worried about the CVT. Drive it, enjoy it, service it, repeat. Any problems then use the warranty, put a used one in it, or throw it away and get a new car. (Haha)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdeezy For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-29-2019),Rockabilly Manta (04-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My wife and I moved cross country, taking my Mirage ~1400 miles, literally loaded down with all our possessions, with a roof rack & bag too. Anything that could be compressed was compressed with compression bags, every nook & cranny was filled ... stuff with empty space was filled with other stuff! It still managed 24mpg. It wasn't uncomfortable, even though we had to scoot our seats forward to make room for our stuff in the back.
    Last edited by cookiemonster; 04-29-2019 at 07:10 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cookiemonster For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-29-2019),inuvik (04-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Class action lawsuits against Nissan specifically involving their Altimas.
    Interesting, because this is the only one I could find:

Gann v. Nissan North America, Inc.

Unless you know of other class action lawsuits?

While I don't doubt Nissan has problems with the CVT in the Altima, I'm not sure it is a widespread failure.

Anyway, good thing I got a 5-speed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove my Mirage down to St. Louis from up here by Rockford. Made it all the way there without having to stop for gas. Aww yeah.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-29-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Nissan extended their warranties for certain year models to stay out of ligitation.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    We do all our road trips in my fiancee's G4 its seats are simply more comfortable than my 2014 DE. Not having cruise control in either vehicle is a nuisance. I have to stop every 2 to 3 hours and stretch because at that point my right leg is sore! Ankle, calves, thigh aching. That is doable however. The steering wheel not telescoping forces me to drive with my hands on the bottom part of the wheel, constantly tight, constantly correcting. That will aggravate immensley. Ive tried everything, adjusting the seat forward (I got it all the way back), but that makes my ankle bunch up after awhile. I tried adjusting the seat closer to a 90 degree angle, but that gets uncomfortable after awhile. I installed a center console armrest which helps with wrist fatigue, but only allows me to drive with my left hand. I put on a memory foam seat cover which def made a difference in ride comfort. If only there was a way to extend the steering wheel forward! Im 6ft, 240lbs so I realize if I lost some weight it would help some with my core getting sore from having to sit so upright. Around the big city I love my lil turtle, but on 3+ hours trips Im not sure this is what this car was made for? Of course comfort is so subjective but I digress.

Why not add cruise control?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    We are for the G4, rostra unit. Now if I could just find a steering wheel extender. I feel like the pedals are too close and the wheel too far. Im also considering getting an ES seat with height adjustment from a salvaged unit, if I can find one.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I concur, it helps immensely to take a 15min break every couple of hours in a Mirage with no cruise. Your height?