I'm back from the long slumber.
I've had shocks & struts in the house for a while and I've also purchased LCAs as well. I'm planning to swap in the new goodies this weekend and just have a few questions/clarifications:
1. Threadlocker - medium or high strength?
2. Other than strut/spring compressor, do I need any other tools?
- I bought several shock absorber tools to hopefully aid in holding the shock rod/piston when removing the nut
- I believe there are different ball joint separator tools. I'm hoping to borrow one from autozone. I've also seen videos using a BFH instead... I don't have a BFH but would like to take any opportunity to buy one. [edit: the video shows them using a SFH instead which seems to work fine since I'm trashing the old LCA anyway. Maybe I should recycle the old one?]
3. @Fummins mentioned the sway bar end link will need to be removed. Aren't those things under pressure at all times? Should I have any issues putting it back on? [edit2: the video didnt really show them removing the end link... I just saw them taking it out after it's been undone. I dont believe they also show re-install. UGH.]
4. Should anything be greased?
After typing all of the above, I just found the clip below (seems to be Filipino) showing replacement. It seems they performed several edits (cut parts of the clip) so IDK if there was any difficulty removing the sway bar end link. I can assure you that I try my best to stay within ASE and OSHA standards (unlike what can be seen on the video) while working in my garage.