Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lucas oil synthetic oil additive for ticking engine

Quote Originally Posted by ylekot View Post
    So why is there a valve adjustment schedule?
    I don't know, ask Mitsubishi. Maybe it's the same reason I get the deer in the headlights look 9/10 times when I go to the dealer parts counter and ask for filters for a Mirage cvt...

The last time I looked at a maintenance schedule it was a pretty generic thing that covered all Mitsubishi models except for the Lancer evo.
    The lifters have to be replaced in order to adjust valve lash.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

ylekot (01-06-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't know, ask Mitsubishi. Maybe it's the same reason I get the deer in the headlights look 9/10 times when I go to the dealer parts counter and ask for filters for a Mirage cvt...

The last time I looked at a maintenance schedule it was a pretty generic thing that covered all Mitsubishi models except for the Lancer evo.
    The lifters have to be replaced in order to adjust valve lash.
    Sounds a bit like my old Kawasaki Z1. You needed hundreds of shims from a kit so you could stack the right amount to get the correct clearance. Man, I hated that job. I learned quickly the bike was still a monster even if the lash was out by a factor of two.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)