Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New to forum

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    I am not from your neck of the woods. But I do know that your choices go up vastly if you switch to a 15" wheel.
    There are others on here who know WAY more than I do though.
    I would say 165/65r14 (22.4") & 175/55r15 (22.6") (both factory size Mirage tires in the States are equally rare). I don't think purchasing 15" rims is necessary to create more options at all.

Most common alternative size for both -
    175/65r14 (23") & 185/55r15 (23") are the identical 23" diameter tires, & they open up options for both sizes. The Mirage should be sent to America with these two tire sizes. They are way more common. I see no need to purchase different rims when looking for other options.

Just using Walmart as an example today (have one in my home town area), & I don't have a Discount Tire or another large tire vendor nearby -

Walmart offers 333 tire options for 175/65r14.
    Walmart offers 247 tire options for 185/55r15.

I am not sure how many tire options are seen as good?

I have had zero problems finding factory size 165/65r14 tires when I need them. The options are not as many, but that makes shopping for tires just easier in my mind.

Some vendors may carry more 185/55r15 tires over the 175/65r14. If I were buying 175/65r14 tires, I wouldn't be looking past Walmart in my case. Prices are good, mounting of new tires purchased is free, and lifetime balance is $14/tire. If I lived near a Discount Tire, I may be shopping there.

I do shop beyond Walmart for 165/65r14 tires, but I have bought them there, too.

Last edited by Mark; 01-11-2023 at 04:08 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I just found out another Mitsubishi dealership who is willing to pre-order a Mirage GT for me.
    I’m going to use my future Mirage for gig work. This is going to be my only source of income.

What tires should I use for the gig? I’m going to do Uber eats and Instacart. Is there tires for LSS, high mileage, low road noise and good for carrying heavy load? Am I asking for too much? 😅

If everything going as planned, I should be receiving my GT in summer, the GT should be coming with 15” alloy rim, I’m planning to buy another set of steels rims for winter use, I’m in Vancouver BC.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage2023 View Post
    I just found out another Mitsubishi dealership who is willing to pre-order a Mirage GT for me.
    I’m going to use my future Mirage for gig work. This is going to be my only source of income.

What tires should I use for the gig? I’m going to do Uber eats and Instacart. Is there tires for LSS, high mileage, low road noise and good for carrying heavy load? Am I asking for too much? 😅

If everything going as planned, I should be receiving my GT in summer, the GT should be coming with 15” alloy rim, I’m planning to buy another set of steels rims for winter use, I’m in Vancouver BC.
    I see ZERO reasons to change your 15" factory tires. I would put 40,000 miles on the factory tires and then come back & ask the same question.

If your loads are really heavy, you may be buying the wrong vehicle? Different passenger tires aren't going to make a Mirage a heavy duty hauler in my opinion.

Top Fuel has good experience with 15" tires, but I would use up my factory tires first.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-11-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I see, thanks, appreciated

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage2023 View Post
    I see, thanks, appreciated
    A set of snow tires on steel rims is a good plan. Canadians don't have to mess with TPMS (mandated in the States since 2007), which is nice. Adding sensors to my winter set of tires cost $30/tire, and those were ones I cloned myself. That's an added cost that you don't need to worry about. Then again I used snow tires without sensors for years, too.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I see ZERO reasons to change your 15" factory tires. I would put 40,000 miles on the factory tires and then come back & ask the same question.

If your loads are really heavy, you may be buying the wrong vehicle? Different passenger tires aren't going to make a Mirage a heavy duty hauler in my opinion.

Top Fuel has good experience with 15" tires, but I would use up my factory tires first.
    I really don't think Uber Eats will behave like a load of lead ingots in the boot! LOL (I have ingots on the brain...) So do The above. No thinking nor worries for perhaps 40,000 + miles.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was talking about instaCart. People order cases of drinks and waters…

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My GT is going to be arrived at the end of next week. 🥰😍😊🥰😍😊🥳🥳🥳