Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mitsubishi Master Tech Finally Buys A Mirage For Research Purposes

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wouldnt mind an EC as a daily. They just dont look very good lol and are now being priced to compete with the rest of the CUVs out there. I feel like the value is no longer there...

I bought the mirage because of the price vs longevity/features. That's how I feel if I plan on buying another mitsu.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The more I read about modern cars with multispeed autos, CVT programmed to feel like a multispeed, various problems across entire model lines the happier I am about owning a 2006 Vue with little rust, gorgeous body and interior, a solid dependable 5 MT, a chain driven valve train (early ones had serious issues) and I get 40+ mpg on the highway at 60 mph. Plus I can pull a 3800 lb. trailer (the manual is wrong and too conservative)
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wally, I was refreshing my memory of your 2006 Vue mostly to see if that was the one that had the Honda engine available. I found out about this early Hybrid system that came in the Vue Greenline, which I had never heard of before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAS_hybrid
    Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fopeano View Post
    Wally, I was refreshing my memory of your 2006 Vue mostly to see if that was the one that had the Honda engine available. I found out about this early Hybrid system that came in the Vue Greenline, which I had never heard of before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAS_hybrid
    One of the dumbest things I've ever done was pass on a greenline Vue with 120,000 kms because it was an automatic and I foolishly assumed it was the CVT that failed in every early Vue. The thing was only $2200 OTD tax/license in late 2016. So what did I do? Wait until winter 2017 and buy a 5 MT 4 cyl. vue. THB it was really what I wanted though, the auto didn't thrill me. My Vue is the deluxe trim job with moonroof and leather seats and it really is a nice vehicle. I don't like the large wide tires but will replace them this summer with the narrowest within reason tires I can find.

If another greenline Vue with low mileage and in great shape surfaced I would be interested. Though I don't know now, 7 years on, if there are that many techs who could diagnose and fix a greeniine. Plus any greenline battery is now 16 years old or so. It's a funny 36v nickel metal hydride pack which I suppose could be rebuilt but I'd rather spend time doing other stuff.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I treat my little Blueberry like a cream puff. Well no, I drive it like a cream puff. But I only do regular maintenance and shove dinosaur juice in it. I've made up my mind to not spend any money on it. I'm going to try to by the cheapest tires available for it once the Enasaves' steel belts start throwing sparks. Should be years from now.
    I'm only dredging this up because, I guess the Blueberry is not the only car that I drive the tires down to the (steel belts) nub. This is my LS 460L. It is scheduled for "new tars" tomorrow.

Name:  Tire Damage 1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  Tire Damage 2.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  97.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just for goofs, Maybe a 4 wheel alignment too???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Yes, that will happen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)