Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 14 inch steel wheels NJ with hubcaps and tpms sensors 350$ obo less than 1000 m

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ylekot View Post
    If I was closer I'd be all over these!
    I can't imagine NJ & NY are that far apart? If both parties did a mini road trip, maybe you could work out a deal? Heck, you both own a Mirage. They're built for trips like this!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It would be hundreds of miles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    That's nothing for a Mirage owner!

I drive a couple hundred miles every time I visit my parents.

I drove from SW Wisconsin to Connecticut (1,200) last fall just to deliver a puppy to a new owner for a friend. It was the first time I ever drove through Pennsylvania & New York state. It was a beautiful drive!

It was just a suggestion. I drove a bit to buy someone's slightly used rear hitch for my Mirage a couple years ago. I wanted it for my rear bike rack. Buying a new one online would have been easier, but sometimes it's nice to have a good excuse to drive somewhere.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm guilty of thinking the longest distance between anywhere in Ny & NJ can't be any more than, say, 4 hours worst case. TV cooked my brain, all the shows about the mob living just across the state line in NJ, Teterboro being the private airport of the NY rich, and so on. Then I realize, I almost live in America, being all of 5 minutes from Western New York, then it's several hours to NYC, then it's several hours to deep Jersey. At some point saving $50 just isn't worth it.

I used to attend Dayton Hamfest every year but like all else, interest fades, sponsors pull out and the show is a shell of what it was. I don't think it will ever recover after covid but time will tell I guess. Last I read record low numbers of people were applying a ticket. I get it. Why bother with SSB Donald Duck comms when your Android lets you SM with anyone in the world? At no extra cost, or learning, testing, or buying extra gear.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 01-07-2023 at 04:41 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm guilty of thinking the longest distance between anywhere in Ny & NJ can't be any more than, say, 4 hours worst case. TV cooked my brain, all the shows about the mob living just across the state line in NJ, Teterboro being the private airport of the NY rich, and so on. Then I realize, I almost live in America, being all of 5 minutes from Western New York, then it's several hours to NYC, then it's several hours to deep Jersey. At some point saving $50 just isn't worth it.

I used to attend Dayton Hamfest every year but like all else, interest fades, sponsors pull out and the show is a shell of what it was. I don't think it will ever recover after covid but time will tell I guess. Last I read record low numbers of people were applying a ticket. I get it. Why bother with SSB Donald Duck comms when your Android lets you SM with anyone in the world? At no extra cost, or learning, testing, or buying extra gear.
    It is faster for me to get to Ottawa and Montreal than it is for me to get to any "real" city in NY

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If youre willing to make the trip Ill give em to you for 250. Im 5 mins from teterboro airport lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No can do. sorry. The hapless Mirage is the only car running at the moment. I work nights and wife works days so it works out but we are pounding 80+ miles a day on the poor thing just in commute. The fuel economy is nice but the fuel tank is to doggone small. Gotta fill up twice a week!