Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage Track and Sports Thread - Cornering and Performance

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It's just a trend thing, because it's sooooo coooool. A little camber might help in a racecar depending the car and the racing circumstances. But just for street use, it's just a (silly) trend.
    This also allows a bit more tire and wheel to fit. Most people take it too far though.

Anyway, an update: this thing is super, super fun in snow. The rotation is almost sufficient. I like the handling a lot but a bit more oversteer will work better. Rear sway bar will help. Found a friend in Malaysia who can sort out a bunch of stuff that I can't get here, including rear brake disc swaps, sway bars, and more.

Put a new weighted shift knob. That feels great. 200g.

Malaysia friend is running 205/40ZR17 tires. Lucky guy! I asked him how and he gave me a puzzling response; it's as if he never even had to bother about the rubbing. Rolled rear fenders and that was all.

Asked a local dealership about whether the LED headlights would transfer from CVT model with LEDs to halogen and yes, they should, but with a lot of wiring fixes. I'm okay with redoing wiring on this car, am not touching body panel replacement.

I've been getting a lot of really positive feedback about the styling of my 2022. People love the styling of it. Will be exciting to put the piano black and chrome 17" wheels on in spring.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CANautocross951 View Post
    This also allows a bit more tire and wheel to fit.
    I never thought of that. Of course, if camber is needed for bigger tires, the potential traction advantage of a bigger tire is likely voided via the added camber.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I never thought of that. Of course, if camber is needed for bigger tires, the potential traction advantage of a bigger tire is likely voided via the added camber.
    I would say that it helps with a longer length of corner where weight transfers more. Straight line performance is still reduced. It's a trade-off.