Thread: 2022 CVT to manual retrofits

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2022 CVT to manual retrofits

Is it possible to fit the LED headlights from CVT models to the 5MT equipped models?

Particularly, I would really love to have the 2022 CVT models' power locks and LED headlights on my 5MT.

I used to be a mechanic, so I'm not opposed to DIY wiring etc., if necessary. Just wondering if anyone's tried this.

I'm really not sure why Mitsubishi would not give us the option to get the manual with a few nice creature comforts like that. Kinda embarrassing that I had the choice of any 2022 car and actively chose the Mirage but couldn't even pay to have these features.

A Canadian racing driver wanting to make his daily playful - please respect my anonymity though, for insurance and warranty reasons!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CANautocross951 View Post
    Is it possible to fit the LED headlights from CVT models to the 5MT equipped models?

Particularly, I would really love to have the 2022 CVT models' power locks and LED headlights on my 5MT.

I used to be a mechanic, so I'm not opposed to DIY wiring etc., if necessary. Just wondering if anyone's tried this.

I'm really not sure why Mitsubishi would not give us the option to get the manual with a few nice creature comforts like that. Kinda embarrassing that I had the choice of any 2022 car and actively chose the Mirage but couldn't even pay to have these features.
    I'd happily pay for a new Mirage with the kit I wanted, nothing more but that is getting difficult. Tho, when I went to buy in 2014 a 5 MT is basic trim, crank rear windows, could not have A/C added. But you could pay $1200 to go up to a CVT. Nuts.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)