Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mitsubishi Mirage Owner (and forum user)! Hello :)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Welcome to the forum! If it ain't broke. Don't fix it and enjoy the MPG's
    Thanks much, Mr. Mullet! Words of wisdom.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pascale View Post
    Thanks so much, Mark!

I'll keep an eye out on eBay and purchase some parts for the car when the time comes. Especially a serpentine belt! I actually replaced the one on my Focus a few weeks ago. It was still acceptable, but I was replacing the thermostat, the old belt was covered in power steering fluid, and I thought...might as well? Anyway, I'll consider that practice.
    A Mirage serpentine belt can be bought most anywhere. It's not as rare as the clutch cable. I bought my belt from Auto Zone. I plan on changing mine at 100,000 miles, & I will keep the old one as an emergency spare.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    We all hate ours.
    I audibly snort-laughed. Lol

If you get that second clutch cable installed, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Sounds like a neat idea! As for the Glock, that might be a difficult upgrade to acquire (cough, California). And a 401K? In this economy?!

Jokes aside, appreciate the quirky comments and ideas! Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pascale View Post
    appreciate the quirky comments and ideas! Thanks!
    I'm glad you took it how it was intended. I like the idea of running a 2nd clutch cable. But me actually getting off my dead lazy arse and doing it, is another thing. I used my old Dodge Ram to take my son and his stuff to his college yesterday. I confirmed that even after running it on the interstate, it is not fully warming up. And this morning I drove it in so I could refill the fuel tank at lunch, and the temp gage never moved off full cold.

It does have a large cooling system that takes a while to warm up. But it should have moved a little. However, after 23 years of service, the thermostat has give out. Crappy unreliable Dodge trucks. Ha! I don't know why Dodge trucks get such a bad rap. Anywho, I just ordered a new OEM thermostat, so maybe I'll get another 23 years of service out of it. The thermostat replacement in this truck is a piece of cake. No hoses need to be removed. The hose attaches to a housing on the engine. The housing is bolted on. Remove the housing bolts, pull the housing back (flexing the hose) and the thermostat is right there. Will do this replacement the next time it warms up real good.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)