Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are used Mirage prices falling? Yes!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I had to drop 30lbs for my health and joints
    I'm no expert but that sounds like a lot of work. I lost 40 many years ago, the difficulty is keeping it off. Good on you!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm no expert but that sounds like a lot of work. I lost 40 many years ago, the difficulty is keeping it off. Good on you!
    It's really not though Eggman. There's apps for you to count calories, it's easier than ever. It's just discipline until you re-wire your brain (took about a month for me), then you get into the habit of NOT snacking alot or eating after 7pm. It also helps to quit drinking or limit it to a vodka soda, anything but beer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Riddle me this Dirk...

I am the oldest of 3 boys. I am 6'0 350. Middle brother 5'7" 120 soaking wet. 3rd 6'2" 225 built like a greek god.

I have and always will eat the least of the 3 of us. I can work out all day and starve myself and lose ounces. I had gastric bypass and got to 225 and looked like a cancer patient. Time went by and it came back... yet I still can't eat normal portion sizes...

There are a whole lot of us out here that are chemically WIRED to store fat and they still haven't figured out why. Although they are narrowing it down to gut biomes and makeup (they think that is why my surgery worked for a short time... the biome rearrangement) and getting close to some weird fecal transplants to "rewire" our gut makeup...

Anyway, all that said... yeah some folks are gluttons for a myriad of reasons... be it self loathing or abuse or God knows what demons... but some of us are just fat, and we can't help it... and if you've read all this and still cringe whenever someone over 300lbs enters your poor little Mirage, well then politely go F yourself...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-10-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Riddle me this Dirk...

I am the oldest of 3 boys. I am 6'0 350. Middle brother 5'7" 120 soaking wet. 3rd 6'2" 225 built like a greek god.

I have and always will eat the least of the 3 of us. I can work out all day and starve myself and lose ounces. I had gastric bypass and got to 225 and looked like a cancer patient. Time went by and it came back... yet I still can't eat normal portion sizes...

There are a whole lot of us out here that are chemically WIRED to store fat and they still haven't figured out why. Although they are narrowing it down to gut biomes and makeup (they think that is why my surgery worked for a short time... the biome rearrangement) and getting close to some weird fecal transplants to "rewire" our gut makeup...

Anyway, all that said... yeah some folks are gluttons for a myriad of reasons... be it self loathing or abuse or God knows what demons... but some of us are just fat, and we can't help it... and if you've read all this and still cringe whenever someone over 300lbs enters your poor little Mirage, well then politely go F yourself...
    As I said earlier, my heart goes out to those who truly struggle with obesity due to hormonal issues and so fourth. Our bodies for hundreds of thousands of years, evolved to store fat because we were hunter/gatherers for much longer than when we started farming and our bodies haven't caught up all the way. I believe you when you say youve tried, I really do. However be that as it may, the vast majority of Americans that are obese, its because of poor diet, lack of exercise, and out of control portion sizes. Much of the rest of the world doesn't come close to our obesity level, not even close, I'm sad to say.

Part of my job is doing blood screenings/samplings for county heath departments, fire departments, police departments, prisons, working in public health you get to see 1st hand how obesity is the number 1 heath crises we're facing. I could care less about vanity or looking like a Greek god, I care about our health (and my shocks, who am I kidding). With all that said, there's a brand new hope out there for those such as yourself, whose bodies are more aggressive with storing fat, Semaglutide.

Nature.com: The 'breakthrough' obesity drugs that have stunned researchers.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-04505-7

I cant put into words how ground breaking this drug is. I've enjoyed your posts over the years, very much so, and I'd bet my left big toe your friends and family enjoy your presence even more so. So keep the faith, your struggle could very well be coming to an end. I implore you to speak to your physician about this new treatment. I want to continue to read your posts!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/fat/

New Frontline documentary that addresses everything we've discussed. There's light at the end of the tunnel my friend!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Basic - I'm middle of the fence here. I'm built like Shrek. About 6 years ago, I started the Keto diet, and crushed it. It was fabulous. Because I love meat & green vegetables. I also like just about every other food. I could take or leave breads, and pasta. The only problem was rice. I just love rice. Steamed white sticky rice is my favorite. During the course of being in ketosis, I felt great. Headaches were non-existent, I figured that was because my blood sugar stayed low and more steady. I lost a lot of weight.

However, at the end of it, I got gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed. Then my mother got sick, and died. Then my dad got sick, I helped take care of him for about 1.5 years, and then he died. And from the time of the gall stones, I've gained it all back. In my case, I can't lie. It is because of a lack of exercise combined with a seafood diet. And now I'm scared to do keto again because I'm scared of what I may lose next.

But, let's get together, and go sit in Dirk's backseat! That'll learn his skinny ass!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-10-2023),Dirk Diggler (01-10-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Basic - I'm middle of the fence here. I'm built like Shrek. About 6 years ago, I started the Keto diet, and crushed it. It was fabulous. Because I love meat & green vegetables. I also like just about every other food. I could take or leave breads, and pasta. The only problem was rice. I just love rice. Steamed white sticky rice is my favorite. During the course of being in ketosis, I felt great. Headaches were non-existent, I figured that was because my blood sugar stayed low and more steady. I lost a lot of weight.

However, at the end of it, I got gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed. Then my mother got sick, and died. Then my dad got sick, I helped take care of him for about 1.5 years, and then he died. And from the time of the gall stones, I've gained it all back. In my case, I can't lie. It is because of a lack of exercise combined with a seafood diet. And now I'm scared to do keto again because I'm scared of what I may lose next.

But, let's get together, and go sit in Dirk's backseat! That'll learn his skinny ass!
    I'll only drive you two around in the G4, not the hatch lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Few months later, Mirage price still hasn’t fallen much from what I’ve been seeing on cars, Autotrader, carmax and other vendor dot com