Thread: Timed out while posting

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Timed out while posting

Does anyone else get logged out quickly?
    I go back and forth between typing on a post and working.
    SO today I typed a long post with pictures and such. When I tried to post "I did not have permission" when I refreshed I had to log back in and lost everything I had typed.

Is there a way to avoid this? This is really the only forum I have used more than a few times so excuse my ignorance if there is a simple work around that I am unaware of.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-06-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have a feeling it's not the forum but your internet connection. Never happened to me here or another forum, but if it did, I would type my long messages in another app/ program, and when ready to post just cut and post

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I will try but the picture attachment just says [attach] 233432[attach]

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    SO today I typed a long post with pictures and such. When I tried to post "I did not have permission" when I refreshed I had to log back in and lost everything I had typed.

Is there a way to avoid this? This is really the only forum I have used more than a few times so excuse my ignorance if there is a simple work around that I am unaware of.
    I get long winded on some posts, & the same thing happens to me all the time.

The message is not lost usually, however.

You go to post & it's blank instead of posting. Log in & click back to your original screen & it is usually there. Then when you go to post it a second time, all is good.

I got in the habit of copying anything I was about to post before hitting "submit reply" before discovering I could log back in, backtrack to my original newly typed post, & send a 2nd time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (01-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post

Click the remember me box when you login. This has happened to me many times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-07-2023)