Thread: Mirage Turbo Remap E85 225hp 306nm Boot 16.24 PSI

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Wink Mirage Turbo Remap E85 225hp 306nm Boot 16.24 PSI

just sharing

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-17-2023),inuvik (01-17-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I called it a long while back, the bottom end in these engines are IMO good for 400+ hp. The head gasket, I'm not so sure of. Rods and pistons, likely fine at insane boost levels. I think we'll be seeing 400 hp at the wheels Mirages in the future. I'm annoyed I parked my own turbo project but other things are priorities right now.

Now to add the 70 lb. unit that provided Tempo/Topaz with AWD maybe even fit in that rear suspension and VIOLA! AWD Mirage.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I called it a long while back, the bottom end in these engines are IMO good for 400+ hp. The head gasket, I'm not so sure of. Rods and pistons, likely fine at insane boost levels. I think we'll be seeing 400 hp at the wheels Mirages in the future. I'm annoyed I parked my own turbo project but other things are priorities right now.

Now to add the 70 lb. unit that provided Tempo/Topaz with AWD maybe even fit in that rear suspension and VIOLA! AWD Mirage.
    I actually drove my uncle's Topaz with on demand all wheel drive quite a lot in my younger days. The system worked as designed and wasn't much trouble. You had to get used to the fact that the rear end was not a differential, it was just a gear box, so the trunk would try to pass the hood if you got rambunctious. It used a cable instead of a driveshaft to power the rear axle so shortening it should not be a terrible chore. Sounds cool to me!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ylekot For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-17-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ylekot View Post
    I actually drove my uncle's Topaz with on demand all wheel drive quite a lot in my younger days. The system worked as designed and wasn't much trouble. You had to get used to the fact that the rear end was not a differential, it was just a gear box, so the trunk would try to pass the hood if you got rambunctious. It used a cable instead of a driveshaft to power the rear axle so shortening it should not be a terrible chore. Sounds cool to me!
    That's exactly why this wacko idea might fly. If you just need to distribute 300-400hp in a tiny car the Tempo system might be perfect. An engineer told me the system could handle twice what the Tempaz put out with room to spare. (they were 100hp cars) That and there is no computer control at all with the AWD system. Problem is, AWD Tempaz are unicorns, not all that many were made. I know where one used to be. I should see if it's still there.

IDK what kind of terrifying beast an AWD 400+ hp Mirage would be like. It might be OK going straight but blip the throttle in a turn and you're suddenly playing "I'm an old school 911" as the ends of the Mirage swap places.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)