Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    PB - It is my ... belief, that rental car companies never do 1 single bit of maintenance. That is if their plan is to dump the car at 30k miles. Why would they? They have no vested interest to what happens to those cars after they sell them. And modern cars can easily go 30k miles with no maintenance, just add gas n go. Not advisable, but they can do it.

This is nothing negative on your car or your purchase. It is the opposite actually. Your car is a testament as to just how good these inexpensive cars are! I wholeheartedly believe Mitsubishi hit it way out of the ballpark with the Mirage. And Toyota could probably learn a thing or two by studying the Mirage. They probably have anyway. I got to help rent a brand new, right off the lot Acura MDX and strip it down to a bare-ass painted body in order to compare it part-by-part to the Lexus RX330 (when the 330 was being developed and I worked at Toyota). Then we put it back together and turned it back in. Dealership: Why's the steering wheel off-center? Me: I didn't do nuffin.

A Mirage is a helluva car. And I like the fact that nobody knows. Mitsubishi may not like it, but I do. They can always advertise better.

If there was a Mirage pickup truck (same engine & drivetrain, but a 6 speed manual option, same cabin to the back of the rear seats of the hatch, mo' better rear shocks and springs and a small bed), I'd be in hog-heaven.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    PB - It is my ... belief, that rental car companies never do 1 single bit of maintenance. That is if their plan is to dump the car at 30k miles. Why would they? They have no vested interest to what happens to those cars after they sell them. And modern cars can easily go 30k miles with no maintenance, just add gas n go. Not advisable, but they can do it.

This is nothing negative on your car or your purchase. It is the opposite actually. Your car is a testament as to just how good these inexpensive cars are! I wholeheartedly believe Mitsubishi hit it way out of the ballpark with the Mirage. And Toyota could probably learn a thing or two by studying the Mirage. They probably have anyway. I got to help rent a brand new, right off the lot Acura MDX and strip it down to a bare-ass painted body in order to compare it part-by-part to the Lexus RX330 (when the 330 was being developed and I worked at Toyota). Then we put it back together and turned it back in. Dealership: Why's the steering wheel off-center? Me: I didn't do nuffin.

A Mirage is a helluva car. And I like the fact that nobody knows. Mitsubishi may not like it, but I do. They can always advertise better.

If there was a Mirage pickup truck (same engine & drivetrain, but a 6 speed manual option, same cabin to the back of the rear seats of the hatch, mo' better rear shocks and springs and a small bed), I'd be in hog-heaven.
    I would like a small Mirage wagon with a 6-speed manual transmission. It would remind me of my 1978 Honda Civic Wagon (first car) except with MORE horsepower!