Thread: 2018 Mitsubishi mirage CVT Drain plug

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2018 Mitsubishi mirage CVT Drain plug

Hello everyone I’m having a hard time trying to change my transmission fluid oil. I tried using a 17 mm socket wrench but apparently it’s not the right size. It’s too small and a 19 mm socket wrench is too big so I’m a bit confused about what to use do I need regular Wrenches? and can anybody tell me the actual size of the transmission CVT drain plug so I could get the right socket or wrench

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I used a 19mm socket as shown at 4min 45 seconds in my youtube video, here is a time stamped link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erlbDUi48Jk&t=285s
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a socket wrench set that goes up too. I think 21mm, I heard in your video that you used at 19 mm but you also said breaker bar im a bit confused, and they also use the 19 mm socket wrench and it wasnÂ’t turning or loosening the drain plug at all I was I just using a socket wrench wrong IÂ’m a bit confused can I also use a regular 19mm wrench? Because I think IÂ’m not using the socket wrench properly and maybe I am idk

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    have a socket wrench set that goes up too. I think 21mm, I heard in your video that you used at 19 mm but you also said breaker bar im a bit confused, and they also use the 19 mm socket wrench and it wasnÂ’t turning or loosening the drain plug at all I was I just using a socket wrench wrong IÂ’m a bit confused can I also use a regular 19mm wrench? Because I think IÂ’m not using the socket wrench properly and maybe I am idk

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennyb View Post
    I have a socket wrench set that goes up too. I think 21mm, I heard in your video that you used at 19 mm but you also said breaker bar im a bit confused, and they also use the 19 mm socket wrench and it wasnÂ’t turning or loosening the drain plug at all I was I just using a socket wrench wrong IÂ’m a bit confused can I also use a regular 19mm wrench? Because I think IÂ’m not using the socket wrench properly and maybe I am idk
    19mm is the socket size, you can even see it printed on the socket itself in the video it says 19mm. I have no idea what you mean by "wasn’t turning or loosening the drain plug". you can use any wrench you want with the socket, the bolt won't know what type of wrench you are using. I am using a breaker bar because I do not own a rachet, if i did own one, i wouldn't personally use it because it would be some cheap one and i would be scared of breaking it.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    OK, so which way are you turning the socket because I’m turning it counterclockwise and it’s literally just clicking and not loosening the drain plug. If you understand what I’m saying, but if I turn it right clockwise, it’s literally just tightening the Bolt more.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennyb View Post
    OK, so which way are you turning the socket because I’m turning it counterclockwise and it’s literally just clicking and not loosening the drain plug. If you understand what I’m saying, but if I turn it right clockwise, it’s literally just tightening the Bolt more.
    Yes, you must turn the bolt counterclockwise.

The clicking is coming from your wrench not the car. Either your wrench is set to the wrong direction or your wrench is broken. Normally with a ratcheting wrench you have to flip a switch to convert the wrench from clockwise to counter clockwise. Here is a video explaining this concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBvlKNjmb14 at 1:16 in the video the guy explains exactly the issue you are describing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you so much I didn’t know how to use a socket wrench so that was my first time using one after I read your reply and watch the video. I certainly got the dream boat off thank you very much. You are very helpful.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bennyb For This Useful Post:

ken2400 (01-29-2023),mohammad (01-07-2023)