Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H4 mini led projector bulbs (no retrofit)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

H4 mini led projector bulbs (no retrofit)

Hello everyone. I've had my 2022 es mirage for almost a year. I tried led h4 bulbs at first i was pleased with the results but did not like how the headlight reflected the white light. I researched into doing a projector retrofit. I quickly realized i would have to risk damaging my oem headlights to add in projectors. I happened to come accross (on amazon) mini led h4 projector bulbs that have a projector built in to the bulb. I ordered and installed them yesterday. I really like the results. Its has a similar light pattern and cuttof to oem projector headlights

Installation was easy it took 15 minutes, however you do need to remove the deflector shield from the headlights (one phillips head screw) I will attach pictures soon

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hvidals; 01-12-2023 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm not up on the projector scene. I bought fanless LED and never looked back. my only gripe about them is they run so cool? the snow never melts off my lamps now as it did before with h4?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (01-15-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As long as you aren't one of the many assholes on the road who love to blind me on the daily with either their high beams (don't want to sound racist, but almost always Indian/Pakistani folks - maybe a cultural thing), poorly aligned headlights, or cheap LED's that turn into floodlights, then I wish you the best.

Please check alignment!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

klroger (01-13-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    I feel like the gas-fired flame lights that came with the car from the factory, cost less to keep, than is the cost of any downgraded lighting systems. That's more money I have access to, for investing into women, blackjack and liquor.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-12-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes they are aligned and the bulbs also have adjustment they have a hard cutoff you can see the straight line where they stop emitting light. They are using a built in projector that you can adjust and not the reflector built into the headlight.The issue i had with the h4 led bulbs is the white light isnt great in rain. I fixed that issue by installing yellow foglights

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    That's more money I have access to, for investing into women, blackjack and liquor.
    And the other half of my money I just waste.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    As long as you aren't one of the many assholes on the road who love to blind me on the daily with either their high beams (don't want to sound racist, but almost always Indian/Pakistani folks - maybe a cultural thing), poorly aligned headlights, or cheap LED's that turn into floodlights, then I wish you the best.

Please check alignment!
    Good properly aimed LEDS are a godsend when conditions are poor. Mine were aimed fine, likely due to being a mid range lamp, not bottom of the barrel specials, and being used on a car with otherwise stock suspension and front and rear heights.

I don't pay attention to who is behind the wheel but imbeciles with 4 lamp systems running HI beams in well lit urban areas should be hauled off the roads for 24 hours or so. No need for a ticket or fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (09-29-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hvidals View Post
    Hello everyone. I've had my 2022 es mirage for almost a year. I tried led h4 bulbs at first i was pleased with the results but did not like how the headlight reflected the white light. I researched into doing a projector retrofit. I quickly realized i would have to risk damaging my oem headlights to add in projectors. I happened to come accross (on amazon) mini led h4 projector bulbs that have a projector built in to the bulb. I ordered and installed them yesterday. I really like the results. Its has a similar light pattern and cuttof to oem projector headlights

Installation was easy it took 15 minutes, however you do need to remove the deflector shield from the headlights (one phillips head screw) I will attach pictures soon
    Can you show the beam pattern when using those? I planned on buying one but i really wanted to now how it throws the light and what brand.

Because Im planning on this Y6 H4 Leds.
    Name:  H4 Led.JPG
Views: 760
Size:  54.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is the light pattern before I adjusted . You need to pull ou the shield first before installation. I got similar ones on amazon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hvidals For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (01-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    By the view I'm getting of your grass, it appears that it would light the road impressively. Quite an improvement. But if it costs more than $1, I'm out. At least until my oem light makers explode.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)