Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies, I have a few. What do you enjoy?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Naw, don't wuss out. Go for it with a mean old Ford Powerstroke, oh and make it smoke like the tards with their exhaust at window level. That'll get the chicks!
    I got a good chuckle out of that. Why are Ford owners like that? First, they take off perfectly good exhaust systems to put on the one that is absolutely the loudest. And spend a lot of money for that. Because they spent the money, they fell obligated to full throttle it for maximum noise at every availability.

I say that with a grain of salt because, well just because I'm cheap, I've got about the loudest Cummins Ram there ever was. But it is because my original exhaust rotted from downpipe to tailpipe. When the tip nearly fell off, I replaced the whole system with a 5" no muffler no resonator straight pipe because it was less expensive without those extra unnecessaries. However, I drive it slow, keep the rpm down, and minimize my existence while in it, as best I can. I don't sport it around. It's 23 years old and handles and stops like a 23 year old 7,000 pound truck. I would not want to T-bone someone in that thing.

Back to the cruiser sickle. It would be way cooler with a 2 cylinder John-Deere NA diesel engine (or any brand 2 cylinder tractor engine) than a powerjoke engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I got a good chuckle out of that. Why are Ford owners like that? First, they take off perfectly good exhaust systems to put on the one that is absolutely the loudest. And spend a lot of money for that. Because they spent the money, they fell obligated to full throttle it for maximum noise at every availability.

I say that with a grain of salt because, well just because I'm cheap, I've got about the loudest Cummins Ram there ever was. But it is because my original exhaust rotted from downpipe to tailpipe. When the tip nearly fell off, I replaced the whole system with a 5" no muffler no resonator straight pipe because it was less expensive without those extra unnecessaries. However, I drive it slow, keep the rpm down, and minimize my existence while in it, as best I can. I don't sport it around. It's 23 years old and handles and stops like a 23 year old 7,000 pound truck. I would not want to T-bone someone in that thing.

Back to the cruiser sickle. It would be way cooler with a 2 cylinder John-Deere NA diesel engine (or any brand 2 cylinder tractor engine) than a powerjoke engine.
    Because Ford....

I couldn't stand the noise when towing when I straight piped my 02. It would drone at highway speeds 70-75. My 05 has some larger aftermarket exhaust with some stupid fart can on it that's slightly less obnoxious as long as I stay under 65mph, which is most of the time because diesel prices.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine drones too right at 70 mph. But the truck is a long bed and the pipe still comes out the right rear and I'm somewhat deaf. I made some old lady cringe one time as I was pulling a slight grade at 70 mph on the interstate passing her, her being on my right with her window down. I felt bad. I don't care to deafen sweet little old ladies.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok, this has been informative. I never imagined a diesel would be straight piped with nothing! Is it legal be
    cause it's a truck and not a car? I know you're not getting away with a funny car style straight 8 pipe exhaust on a Hellcat, no way.

Hey 7, if a powerjoke is out how about a 2 stroke with a gmc 6-71? That's nearly as 'tarded as a powerstroke and the class of chicks in this crowd is on a whole other level!
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A 6-71 would be way cooler than a powerjoke, that 2-stroke sound makes me salivate. But I'm talking about putting it on a sickle, and not trying to create another Boss Hoss. A 2 cylinder tractor engine "seems" more reasonable on a sickle (murdersickle) than a V8.

I doubt my truck's exhaust is legal. But law enforcement have more important things to worry about. I don't have to do inspections down here. Just emissions checks, and diesels are exempt. It's not as loud as it sounds, the turbo absorbs a lot of sound.

I have a short little video clip where I was rubbing my old Dodge's mpg in the nose of my friend with his brand new 5.3L's 11 mpg. I might see if I can get it up on youtube, and link it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's not as loud as it sounds, the turbo absorbs a lot of sound.

I have a short little video clip where I was rubbing my old Dodge's mpg in the nose of my friend with his brand new 5.3L's 11 mpg. I might see if I can get it up on youtube, and link it.
    I got that video up on youtube and posted it up in here in the Mirage forums, if anyone cares to see it. 18 seconds I think. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...Cummins-diesel

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got that video up on youtube and posted it up in here in the Mirage forums, if anyone cares to see it. 18 seconds I think. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...Cummins-diesel
    your truck looks new! no surprise, no salt and killer crap.

First time I encountered a Hoss was while on a walk downtown. I heard the big block Chev sound, if you are car guy it is unique, and I looked behind me, didn't see a Chevelle or ElCamino and thought, WTF? Then this bike rumbles on by. I nearly passed out.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It is a cool bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Ok, this has been informative. I never imagined a diesel would be straight piped with nothing! Is it legal be
    cause it's a truck and not a car? I know you're not getting away with a funny car style straight 8 pipe exhaust on a Hellcat, no way.

Hey 7, if a powerjoke is out how about a 2 stroke with a gmc 6-71? That's nearly as 'tarded as a powerstroke and the class of chicks in this crowd is on a whole other level!
    The turbo is kind of a muffler. Those 98-2002 cummins that 7milesout have got to be the noisest engines out of all the years. Not exhaust noise but underhood noise/diesel rattle, especially when cold. And really really loud when really cold, idling high and running on 3 cylinders. https://youtube.com/shorts/36XXxSjQPwo?feature=share
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dodge advertised the 24V as being queiter than the 12V back in the day. They done lied.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-19-2023)