Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mitsubishi GT (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    GT
    Grey(gray)

•  
    Details

175/55r15 Bridgestone ecopia stock

Comments: 29 / Views: 5743

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-14-2023),davidricardo86 (01-17-2023),Dirk Diggler (01-15-2023),mitsumi (01-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait... whaaaaat?? Not you. Surely. You like not having a payment...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-13-2023)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-14-2023),davidricardo86 (01-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Wait... whaaaaat?? Not you. Surely. You like not having a payment...
    Smart! You are correct…This one isn’t mine.

I figured I’d take a few pics cause it’s not gonna look like this for long! It drives so much nicer than mine though!

It drives like a new car! Who knew?? It’s feels tight, no rattles, it’s quiet. I took it over a nasty set of train tracks that I often cross on my commute, it felt sooo much nicer!

Otherwise, as for power and transmission shifting, it acts pretty much the same as my car, maybe even a tad slower according to the but dunno. I do like the arm rest that’s built into the seat, it’s small but it’s 100% better than no arm rest.

I recall Dirk complaining about the rain sensing wipers not turning on in light rain(if I remembered that right), they came on when I was driving, it wasn’t raining, roads were a little sloppy but not enough to require wipers…so when they magically turned on they just smeared a bunch of dirt across the windshield so then I had to use the washers so I could see lol. Auto wipers aren’t ideal in these conditions, or when you’re low on washer juice imo…I think there’s a sensitivity adjustment for them?
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-13-2023 at 11:24 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (01-17-2023),Top_Fuel (01-13-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i dont know why they dont release this hatchback in the Philippines only the G4 was released sigh

BTW, do you think that a new generation G4/Attrage front bumper, headlights, fender and hood would fit to an old gen hatchback mirage?

I remember before there was one hatch who upgraded the front to a G4 but not the new gen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

I figured I’d take a few pics cause it’s not gonna look like this for long! It drives so much nicer than mine though!
    Auto wipers aren’t ideal in these conditions, or when you’re low on washer juice imo…I think there’s a sensitivity adjustment for them?
    Maybe there's an adjustment in the ETACS or whatever it's called. would not surprise me. Our little cars really have beautiful lines when viewed so many other ways. If I were loaded I would buy one of the last 5 MT, well 2, and place one in my multi-car garage for display purposes and drive the other, frugally to keep the mileage reasonable. It would be nice to have a pair of Mirages when the end of the ICE automobile is on us and there's this huge push by the rich to show off their collectable ICE wonders. Ferraris and Lambos and Porsche would be way up the list but I'd be thrilled showing off my $10k cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    i dont know why they dont release this hatchback in the Philippines only the G4 was released sigh

BTW, do you think that a new generation G4/Attrage front bumper, headlights, fender and hood would fit to an old gen hatchback mirage?

I remember before there was one hatch who upgraded the front to a G4 but not the new gen.
    I suspect the parts should interchange for the most part. It's just sheetmetal/plastic, not anything seriously structural.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 01-14-2023 at 02:51 AM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (01-14-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

It drives like a new car! Who knew?? It’s feels tight, no rattles, it’s quiet. I took it over a nasty set of train tracks that I often cross on my commute, it felt sooo much nicer!

Otherwise, as for power and transmission shifting, it acts pretty much the same as my car, maybe even a tad slower according to the but dunno. I do like the arm rest that’s built into the seat, it’s small but it’s 100% better than no arm rest.

I recall Dirk complaining about the rain sensing wipers not turning on in light rain(if I remembered that right), they came on when I was driving, it wasn’t raining, roads were a little sloppy but not enough to require wipers…so when they magically turned on they just smeared a bunch of dirt across the windshield so then I had to use the washers so I could see lol. Auto wipers aren’t ideal in these conditions, or when you’re low on washer juice imo…I think there’s a sensitivity adjustment for them?
    You can go into the dealer and have the controls on the stock switch back to intermittent wipers again. I think they do this in the ETACS.
    The rotating part that you typical use to control the speed of the intermittent wipers is used to adjust the sensitivity of the automatic wipers. Or you can just turn the wipers off.
    Last edited by cleadus_fetus; 01-14-2023 at 11:46 AM.

I didn't look into it and just turned the auto part off. Didn't know it was set to auto when I picked up the car.

The one possible downside of the GT model is that collision avoidance or whatever stuff they have glued to the windshield. Chances are that the windshield for that car isn't gonna be cheap if you gotta recalibrate sensors or a camera.

I think that stuff may be standard down south?

This dealer has a 5 speed in stock. I'm half tempted to try it out or just say eff it and buy it if the price is right? It'd be nice to be able to have keyless entry and cruise in the 5spd though. Might have to do an expensive science experiment?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-14-2023),twister77 (01-17-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I didn't look into it and just turned the auto part off. Didn't know it was set to auto when I picked up the car.

The one possible downside of the GT model is that collision avoidance or whatever stuff they have glued to the windshield. Chances are that the windshield for that car isn't gonna be cheap if you gotta recalibrate sensors or a camera.

I think that stuff may be standard down south?

This dealer has a 5 speed in stock. I'm half tempted to try it out or just say eff it and buy it if the price is right? It'd be nice to be able to have keyless entry and cruise in the 5spd though. Might have to do an expensive science experiment?
    That sensor is gong to come on all of them because of the forward collision mitigation and the automatic headlights.