Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is this the end of the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Back when I was younger and single I would purposely drive my best to snot old purple Plymouth Voyager to first dates even though I had nicer cars because I was looking for a mate, not a fling. I guess I did that wrong lol.
    You didn't do it wrong if you're enjoying family & life!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    You guys are worrying me now, maybe I will never find a woman. Should I put flame decals on the side of my mirage? Maybe a racing stripe.
    Cam123 - If your single, stack paper. In an account you will not have to share its existence should you get caught up with a female. I speak negatively, yeah sure. But in reality, women are the way they are, for the same reason men are the way they are. Not all women are gold diggers. However, nearly every one of them want to feel like they're with someone who can at least help take care of them. Either by protectiveness or financially or both. And by financially I don't mean them being a gold digger. But if you're young and broke, but spending your time trying to make something of yourself, that is an attractive quality women see in men. From 13 to maybe 22 or so, women just want a cute boy. At some point their baby making biology makes them start getting serious about their future. And they don't want a man who is content to live in his mama's basement smoking weed all day.

But don't listen to me, I certainly don't understand women. But my opinion is, that from age 0 to 13, they're lovely darlings. 13 to 23, they're insane. 23 to ~39, you can live with them, they're generally tolerable. ~39 to ??? I don't know how old, you're no longer good enough for them. At ~39, you've covered their nesting & procreation needs for the most part. Now you're just some stink-ass slob they wish they'd never met. That's just my take on it. I'm sure I'm wrong ... just ask a female.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-03-2023),twister77 (04-04-2023)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Recently tried to trade for a bigger box with wheels to haul two old folks and six dogs about. Two attempts resulted in keeping the excellent Mirage. Curiosity revealed this:

https://www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/m...praisal-value/

Carmax would be selling our Mirage for 18k if they gonna give us 16k....
    Karl

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Cam123 - If your single, stack paper. In an account you will not have to share its existence should you get caught up with a female. I speak negatively, yeah sure. But in reality, women are the way they are, for the same reason men are the way they are. Not all women are gold diggers. However, nearly every one of them want to feel like they're with someone who can at least help take care of them. Either by protectiveness or financially or both. And by financially I don't mean them being a gold digger. But if you're young and broke, but spending your time trying to make something of yourself, that is an attractive quality women see in men. From 13 to maybe 22 or so, women just want a cute boy. At some point their baby making biology makes them start getting serious about their future. And they don't want a man who is content to live in his mama's basement smoking weed all day.

But don't listen to me, I certainly don't understand women. But my opinion is, that from age 0 to 13, they're lovely darlings. 13 to 23, they're insane. 23 to ~39, you can live with them, they're generally tolerable. ~39 to ??? I don't know how old, you're no longer good enough for them. At ~39, you've covered their nesting & procreation needs for the most part. Now you're just some stink-ass slob they wish they'd never met. That's just my take on it. I'm sure I'm wrong ... just ask a female.
    You've kept your marriage together for years, you know a lot more than most I'd venture.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You've kept your marriage together for years, you know a lot more than most I'd venture.
    In that case: It's a horrible horrible mess. I suggest you all steer clear. And ... I wish mine was 23 again. 23 in mindset. I can deal with the much older body, the body is still way out of my league. But since I'm a stink-ass slob she wishes she'd never met, I'm making plans to MGTOW.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    In that case: It's a horrible horrible mess. I suggest you all steer clear. And ... I wish mine was 23 again. 23 in mindset. I can deal with the much older body, the body is still way out of my league. But since I'm a stink-ass slob she wishes she'd never met, I'm making plans to MGTOW.
    I admit that I had to google "MGTOW". Heck, I may be close to one of those, & I didn't even know it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I admit that I had to google "MGTOW". Heck, I may be close to one of those, & I didn't even know it!!!!
    Remember, you are what you say you are.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I did too Mark. I believe it has to do with this young generation of men who think they deserve a super model and yet do nothing to better themselves, so they hold contempt for women.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    who think they deserve a super model and yet do nothing to better themselves, so they hold contempt for women.
    I don't know that you directed that toward me. But it doesn't fit my situation.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did too Mark. I believe it has to do with this young generation of men who think they deserve a super model and yet do nothing to better themselves, so they hold contempt for women.
    Yeah, I don't hold contempt for women. I just don't understand them sometimes, but they probably don't get me either!