Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low fuel indicator (fuel gauge flash / fuel remaining)

FYI: the owner's manual doesn't specify when that last bar begins to flash.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I always run my new vehicles very close to runout once just so I know exactly where that limit is.
    I did this with 2nd tank of gas and saw that the last bar will flash for a while and then the display icon (fuel pump) will flash when things get serious... this will go till runout.
    I fuelled with all flashing plus 20km and put 32.7 L in the tank.... so 4.3 L left in tank. No worries.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-12-2014)

Thanks for the info, Ichabod.

Translation to gallons:

I fuelled with all flashing plus 20km (12 miles) and put 32.7 L (8.6 US gal.) in the tank.... so 4.3 L (1.1 US gal.) left in tank.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    hi metroMPG,yes the aus manual states when last black square starts flashing you have 6litres left,when no black squares and fuel pump flashes you have 3litres left....p.s with the wheels its the same size diameter has 14' tyres but with 17" its just smaller profile tyre so shouldnt effect fuel economy...
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi wellykids - Does the AUS owner's manual specifically say how many litres should be in the tank when the gauge starts flashing?

The North American manual doesn't.

PS: if you put those aftermarket wheels on your car (shown on your FB group), your fuel economy is going to be negatively affected.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wellykids For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-13-2014)

Thanks for that info re: the bars. Our manual doesn't have that information.

You're incorrect about the wheels/tires - they will negatively affect your mileage because you're changing both rolling resistance and aerodynamics. For someone so concerned about mileage, you might like to read this thread: How wheel & tire size and style affect Mirage fuel economy/mileage

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I realized that I've been filling up way too early, so I waited longer this time. I went through three steps, but I'm wondering if there are any more. Turns out I still had five litres this time!

1. The final bar on the meter will start flashing (this was the furthest I had let it go until now).
    2. The whole meter will flash, with the final bar still there
    3. The whole meter will flash, without any bars

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nickpon For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-25-2019)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zefke View Post
    Mine even Beeps several times when it has One bar left and stripe flashing: around 7 liters left
    Is Zefke the only one witch gets BEEPS when it's time to fill up?
    I assume it's a bit like the "Be careful, low temperature warning, when it's starts to get cold in the winter.. - 0 C / 32 F -

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I usually give myself 80 to 100km after the last bar is gone, ran out of gas twice in 55 000km haha!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    In european manual it says 1 bar = 6 L and flashing = 3 L

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleartec For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-25-2019)