Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy. Say it isn’t so

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Howdy. Say it isn’t so

Hi all,

I heard something I just can’t believe.

That Mitsubishi dropped the manual???? That is just crazy talk. What do you guys think about this travesty?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Hi all,

I heard something I just can’t believe.

That Mitsubishi dropped the manual???? That is just crazy talk. What do you guys think about this travesty?
    Sad but true. Since I am 59 years old & have never bought an automatic vehicle, you can probably guess how I feel? The huge discounts from your Mirage SE manual days are long gone, too.

From my perspective the Mirage has been discontinued in 2023, because I would only consider a manual version of it.

Nice to see you on the forum Pryme!

Still loving that Corolla?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-15-2023),Pryme (01-18-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The new CVT Mirage is dead to me unless it reappears @ $12k. Since that won't happen I guess there's never another new Mirage in my horizon.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I just bought my CVT mirage and I love it.
    My knee's especially my left are to messed up to be using a clutch unfortunately. Cruise control is now essential for long trips.
    But it is extremely fuel efficient and compared to my 2015 the '23 is really peppy in comparison. And I haven't even brought the RPM's over 4000 yet. (Still <500km)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    I just bought my CVT mirage and I love it.
    My knee's especially my left are to messed up to be using a clutch unfortunately. Cruise control is now essential for long trips.
    But it is extremely fuel efficient and compared to my 2015 the '23 is really peppy in comparison. And I haven't even brought the RPM's over 4000 yet. (Still <500km)
    Hmm; makes me pause. I located a new 2023 5 MT (I thought no MT after 2022? So who's lying here? https://www.mountainmitsubishi.ca/in...y=26&order=asc )

for a reasonable (ugh, $18.2k is reasonable?, SMH) anyhow maybe get $1K off to bargain and it's under $20k.
    Throws my TCO blurb in the other thread out the window.

ETA: Just located a batch of 5 MT at my former service shop in Barrie for $14,298 MSRP + delivery - incentives. I qualify for 2 incentives so I'm at $13,298 + $1325 + taxes = $16, 525 OTD. It's an ES but still, not a lot of difference between trims as far as I'm concerned. I'm really going to have to give this some serious thought. It may very well be the last car I ever buy, new, used, whatever.

This dealer is only open 9-5pm Mon-Fri, 9-2 Sat. Have you ever heard of a dealer closing so early?
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 01-16-2023 at 05:30 PM.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Hmm; makes me pause. I located a new 2023 5 MT (I thought no MT after 2022? So who's lying here? https://www.mountainmitsubishi.ca/in...y=26&order=asc )

for a reasonable (ugh, $18.2k is reasonable?, SMH) anyhow maybe get $1K off to bargain and it's under $20k.
    Throws my TCO blurb in the other thread out the window. Funny, they never mentioned AC for the above car. Are there still Mirage w/o AC being sold? I thought that all ended in 2017.
    No 5speed in the US. We still get one up here. The dealer that we just picked up a couple 23' cvt Mirages has a 5spd in stock. I didn't look at it though.

All Mirages now have ac afaik, they're all auto-temp controls. The 5spd is only available in one trim-manual locks, roll up rear windows,no keyless entry, no cruise. You do get ac, Bluetooth and automatic wipers...At least that's my understanding?

Oh, and you can only choose from Grey(gray) or white(more money) if you want a 5 speed.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-16-2023 at 05:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Throws my TCO blurb in the other thread out the window. Funny, they never mentioned AC for the above car. Are there still Mirage w/o AC being sold? I thought that all ended in 2017.

ETA: Just located a batch of 5 MT at my former service shop in Barrie for $14,298 MSRP + delivery - incentives. I qualify for 2 incentives so I'm at $13,298 + $1325 + taxes = $16, 525 OTD. It's an ES but still, not a lot of difference between trims as far as I'm concerned. I'm really going to have to give this some serious thought. It may very well be the last car I ever buy, new, used, whatever.
    2023 manuals are no longer sold in the States. No one is misleading anyone. Canada still has the 2023 base model manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Exactly 2 years ago today I posted THIS. If I had known that the world was going to go sideways (and that manuals were going away), I would have bought one and just pushed it to the back of the garage until I needed it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No 5speed in the US. We still get one up here. The dealer that we just picked up a couple 23' cvt Mirages has a 5spd in stock. I didn't look at it though.

All Mirages now have ac afaik, they're all auto-temp controls. The 5spd is only available in one trim-manual locks, roll up rear windows,no keyless entry, no cruise. You do get ac, Bluetooth and automatic wipers...At least that's my understanding?

Oh, and you can only choose from Grey(gray) or white(more money) if you want a 5 speed.
    I managed to find Sapphire blue 5 MT , Red, Black and Grey. No mention of white.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2023 manuals are no longer sold in the States. No one is misleading anyone. Canada still has the 2023 base model manual.
    Ok, got it. So we get a reprieve over the death of the MT. I found another batch, mostly CVT SE but the price with rebates is only marginally more than the ES models.

I predicted car prices would start to crash at some point. I think a 5 MT with air and the current features for $13.298 is a good start. Throw in 3.29% APR and it looks good.er.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I managed to find Sapphire blue 5 MT , Red, Black and Grey. No mention of white.

Ok, got it. So we get a reprieve over the death of the MT. I found another batch, mostly CVT SE but the price with rebates is only marginally more than the ES models.

I predicted car prices would start to crash at some point. I think a 5 MT with air and the current features for $13.298 is a good start. Throw in 3.29% APR and it looks good.er.
    Something I saw recently said Ram trucks were the first to bring back incentives and others will follow eventually!