Thread: Door open warning won't turn off(cargo light stuck on)

Door open warning won't turn off(cargo light stuck on)

I came back from a short holiday to a 2015 Mirage in the shop. Note saying the cargo light won't turn off so they pulled it into the shop and unhooked the battery.
    -First things first, hook up the battery...Confirmed that the door open indicator on the cluster is lit up with all the doors and hatch appearing to be closed properly.
    -Next I pulled the door pin switch off the drivers b pillar(phillips screw) and checked with wiring. There's only one wire that grounds out when the door is open so a broken wire would mean the light would not turn on...
    -On to the hatch...I opened and closed it a few times while watching the cluster through the back window. The light never flickered. With the hatch open I closed the latch with a screwdriver then as I pushed the latch closed a but further, the light went out. I figured after 500k km it was worn out.
    -I pulled the latch out(3 10mm bolts, unhook the plastic rod from the handle with needle nose pliers and disconnect one plug). There wasn't much to look at, the actuator(motor) and switch are enclosed in plastic.
    -So I pulled a latch out of a hatch I have laying around. Installed it, closed the hatch and the effing light stayed on...That's when I noticed the hatch didn't seem to sit flush near the tail lights when closed. I spun the rubber stoppers on the corners of the hatch in slightly to allow it to close a hair tighter to the body, then I noticed the weather stripping along the bottom edge of the hatch opening was out of place...I re-mounted it. Closed the hatch, fixed...So now I'm not sure if it even needed the latch replaced in the first place. I'm not putting the old one back to try.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-13-2023),inuvik (12-13-2023),mohammad (12-14-2023),Top_Fuel (12-13-2023)