Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas attendant broke my fuel door!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For what it's worth, the spring on my 2022 popped off on its third ever fill up. Fortunately it just slides right back on. Never happened again at 27,000 miles now. My 2015 never had an issue

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Part arrived today and will be installed tomorrow. Hopefully the issue will be fixed.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ylekot View Post
    This is why I hate full serve gas stations. I pulled up to the pump and the asshat attendant snapped my fuel door open before I had pulled the little lever. He filled up the car and slammed it shut, now it won't open. People suck!
    I had this issue in Jersey. I drove out of the city, got off at the 1st turnpike, and pulled into a gas station. I get out and this gabbagol, track suit wearing, pizole, starts yelling at me to get back in my f#cking car. Pumping gas is a union job now? WTF? Which mob boss set this bs up? Unbelievable.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I had this issue in Jersey. I drove out of the city, got off at the 1st turnpike, and pulled into a gas station. I get out and this gabbagol, track suit wearing, pizole, starts yelling at me to get back in my f#cking car. Pumping gas is a union job now? WTF? Which mob boss set this bs up? Unbelievable.
    Here some gas stations make you pre-pay at the pump. Why is that not a thing in NJ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    Here some gas stations make you pre-pay at the pump. Why is that not a thing in NJ?
    Quoting another source -

"New Jersey is the only state in the U.S. that doesn't allow customers to pump their own gas — anywhere. There's always an attendant on duty to pump gas for customers at these full-service stations. Oregon is the only other state besides New Jersey with a full-service law." Oct 22, 2022

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Quoting another source -

"New Jersey is the only state in the U.S. that doesn't allow customers to pump their own gas — anywhere. There's always an attendant on duty to pump gas for customers at these full-service stations. Oregon is the only other state besides New Jersey with a full-service law." Oct 22, 2022
    Isn't the motto for New Jersey Live Free or Die? Wait, I checked, New Hampshire. Necktie parties must be frequent there.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It is fixed and functioning correctly!! Thank you all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ylekot For This Useful Post:

Mark (01-22-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    Is it a 24 hour thing or you just have to pre-pay late at night? It's a mixed bag here, lots of stations operate the same 24 hours a day, no pre-paying. I don't know of any stations here that require pre-pay before 10 pm.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    From Washington state originally and travelled there frequently from Tennessee to see the folks. Oregon has a law that the gas station MUST pump the gas and it is SUCH a pain. We lived in and worked out of a Bounder motorhome for seven years. That thing had a 75 gallon gas tank and a royally slow fill system that took forever. More than one in Oregon the pumper dude would write the ticket way too soon! Then it was a battle to supervise the irritated and impatient pumper dude to FILL IT UP!

Good thing I never rode two wheels through Oregon because I refuse to let any of those pumper dudes near my bike!

Karl