Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is everyone using for headlights? Are you still stock?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I recall someone trying to do that same thing and couldn't find bulbs that worked properly. Are those factory projector lights that were originally hid?
    Yes, it was D5S HID from factory.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-21-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    One bit of advise I can toss out, whatever you choose get something that is fan less. I have a set of LED, not installed that have 10,000rpm fans to cool the heatsink, now they are from 2109 and tech has improved so much fans should not be needed. Just look at the wicked heatsink posted above.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    +1 on fanless. The initial LEDs I purchased made a droning sound inside the cabin. Though those bulbs were also recalled for being too bright lol...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    I upgrade to factory projector and change the bulb with LED.

Attachment 24611
    Hey where did you get that body kit, that looks sick and I've been looking for something similar

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty_Biscuit View Post
    Hey where did you get that body kit, that looks sick and I've been looking for something similar
    It's OEM factory body kit for Indonesian market only.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    It's OEM factory body kit for Indonesian market only.
    Name:  Crying Pikachu.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  42.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm on the original first year H4 Halogen setup and went to Silverstar Ultras like I tend to do, and the result was very good as always. Bright white downroad light, much better then normal the cheap bulbs that are normal. The lenses are polished clear again and the beam spread is as good and sharp as modern cars are. The city lights are these cheesy bluish LED replacements I had laying around and they actually look really good, especially compared to how the normal 194 bulbs in there look like a dying candle.

The major key with most of the older cars I drive is keeping the lenses clear and clean, which is surprisingly easy for the Mirage. Kias, Hondas, Infinities, and Chryslers cost more, but the headlight plastic gets really cloudy unlike our Thailand Taxis. Knowing the business, it's weird how high the quality on Mirages is.
    Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fopeano View Post
    I'm on the original first year H4 Halogen setup and went to Silverstar Ultras like I tend to do, and the result was very good as always. Bright white downroad light, much better then normal the cheap bulbs that are normal. The lenses are polished clear again and the beam spread is as good and sharp as modern cars are. The city lights are these cheesy bluish LED replacements I had laying around and they actually look really good, especially compared to how the normal 194 bulbs in there look like a dying candle.

The major key with most of the older cars I drive is keeping the lenses clear and clean, which is surprisingly easy for the Mirage. Kias, Hondas, Infinities, and Chryslers cost more, but the headlight plastic gets really cloudy unlike our Thailand Taxis. Knowing the business, it's weird how high the quality on Mirages is.
    My 2014 is as bright and clear as the day it rolled out of the factory, compared to my Saturn, which is 8 years older but so yellow and dingy. I don't drive the Saturn at night it is so bad. I will polish them up this spring.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Running firehawk LEDS, and LED daytime running lights.

Planning on upgrading the fog lights, signals, brake lights, interior lights but for me headlights were a must upgrade.

The extra brightness is super helpful at night.

No way to tell about how long they last, I have heard anecdotally these types of bulbs fail randomly or live a long time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
    sunbeam - search the forum. Replacing the brake light bulbs and/or license plate light bulbs with LED versions sometimes cause these cars to do weird things. Like check engine lights on the dash or some such thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-16-2024)