Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How long do you plan to keep your Mirage and why?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I was just shooting the bull with a friend about him having his cat stolen, and a 2nd time attempt. It would be great to use the same crap that is used to catch rats, those sticky pads, and put a big sticky pad down under a car, and secure the pad to the ground.

But what if a bad guy freaked out and got his whole face stuck to the pad, ripped his face off and wind up dying from such a thing. Or dying in a bear trap. At least in the states, whoever set such a trap would wind up serving time.

Back to the drawing board...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-30-2023)

I was thinking of mounting an airbag filled with shrapnel. Just run a wire along the exhaust, isolated slightly so it doesn't melt...wire it so when wire it cut relay is triggered and poof. But chances are a dot inspector would pull on the wire during a roadside inspection. Bear trap...same thing, chances are a cop chasing a thief would get snagged. There was a local contest to come up with a deterrent for cat thefts with a $50k reward, I only heard about it last week and it ended in November.....
    The problem is nobody cares if they get busted, it's a joke.

Here's one little recent bust... https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/more-tha...lice-1.6246243
    and if you google the one guys name you'll see he was busted 2 years ago with the same crap...
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7081226/e...rs-charge-man/
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Bear trap...?
    I find cameras rarely work when you want them to. Though weeks ago I just happened to wake up to an alert at work and got to spook off a would-be cat theif.
    I try not to leave things in plain sight for potential theives to try and steal. I feel I live in a low-crime neighborhood but I'm sure if I left my side by side out in plain sight it would be re-homed eventually.
    The only thing about my house I would change if I could would be a double wide instead of a double long garage. Once I have stuff in the front, well, unless I want to re arrange it all certain things have to be parked outside. This is the first time I've had someone try to steal a trailer. It is nice, all aluminum, 5x8, loading ramp, 15" box, tongue wheel, etc this attempt is new to me. I don't get it, between my Saturn and my Mirage they would need to lift the trailer over the Mirage roof to swipe it.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)