Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep padlocks from freezing up.

It's only illegal if you get caught. Besides, it's called "self defense" lol...
    There are lots of places that I think would be fun to take a thief if I ever caught one. It sure wouldn't be the police station, what's the point?

I finally made good use of a little cheap security camera the other morning. I set one up at work a while back cause cat thieves keep cutting through the fence and stealing cats. Caught a few people on camera after the fact but never live. The other morning I woke up to an alert and was able to yell through the camera and spooked the guy off.

Last edited by Fummins; 01-17-2023 at 12:49 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Jesus, what does a used cat bring? $50? I guess a productive night swiping 4 or 5 would be lucrative. Even more so if the value is higher. "So you want to date my daughter, what do you do and what does it pay?", "well sir, I rehome cats and it pays me $100k/yearly." Dad, "sold, just don't ever hit her."

Let me off this rock, I never signed up for this.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That was a great disappointment. I sprayed the locks liberally with the jig a loo graphite stuff then went to lock them on the .6 diameter chain. (ya, it's a monster chain.)

It's just 0.050 of an inch from seating the shackle and turning the key. I measured the space with a vernier before and after the chain is in and that's how much the shackle protudes. Plan B. Thread one link onto the shackle and use washers to prevent bolt cutters access. I don't like that as much but it may be the best answer.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)