Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My old Dodge Ram with Cummins diesel...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I will admit... I was a crew cab fan before it was cool... my dad had an '85 F-350 Crew Cab new and there wasn't anyone else we went to school with that had one, nor was there any of our tractor pulling buddies that had one yet... the only folks that had adopted them at that point were the horse folks... and they were few and far between...

It really didn't take hold until the 99+ Super Duty Fords came in and were like, hey.... did you know you can get a crew cab in any configuration you ever desired??? and boom... everybody and their mother now wanted a full size crew cab as their daily...
    And the reason I haven't bought a truck is because it seems the only way you can get one is with 4 doors... Trucks are now the Station Wagons of the 21st century... All they are missing is the stick-on fake wood grain...Maybe I should buy one & put the wood grain stickers on to start a trend?? There are no trucks anymore...just loaded up station wagons with the short trunk they want you to believe is a truck box... Sorry, Rant Done...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, didn't ford make a 4door regular cab?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Trucks are now the Station Wagons of the 21st century... All they are missing is the stick-on fake wood grain...
    Some of them do have fake clip on wood pieces. Close enough? I do agree, they are station wagons. 90% hood & cab, and 10% bed. Looks silly.

I got a long bed because I wanted max truckerabilityness.

The smaller rear seat doesn't concern me because I always tow my camper around in case my passengers need a little extra room. I get 25 mpg loaded or empty, I don't even know it's back there.

Name:  Ram&Camper.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  97.2 KB

I just keep it hooked up for the extra room. Hard to believe Rams get a bad rap. Nearly 24 years old and 196k miles. This picture was from yesterday (6/1/2023). Everything works, except for a backlight bulb on the #4 radio preset button. Ran the A/C yesterday, ice cold.
    Name:  Ram&Camper2.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  97.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-02-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I happily drive a RAM with a Cummins like yours. Up here, finding one not beat or rusted to hell? Unpossible.

Should I ever find one getting >30mpg IMP is fine by me. That's only a marginal loss from the Mirage driving around town. Oh, and I can likely get 10-15 gal of diesel free each week. I could drive for free.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How do you get free diesel? I could use me some of that.

I was just funnin' about the 25 mpg. And the "doesn't know its back there." That's what the neanderthals say. I can feel my empty utility trailer when it's back there. I get about 17 mpg when I poodle it around town. Maybe 21 mpg if a cruise steady on the freeway at around the speed limits.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Jet fuel?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Jet fuel?
    Furnace oil that can't be resold when the tanks come out. My bud would happily give me enough to run a car.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My son's G35 has had the passenger seat not working. It wouldn't incline. And was stuck in a far reclined position. Not too comfortable for passengers. We had been working on it while he was home between spring and summer classes. But didn't get it fixed. About 6 months ago, I sold a crashed G35, to a guy that lived on the far north side of Atlanta metro. I've been texting with him about snagging a switch from the seat of that car, since he's not using the seats.

On Saturday morning I got up and drove blue truck to Woodstock, where the crashed G35 now lives. I took blue truck to give me a conveniently heightened platform from which to work, the tailgate. Swapping parts from one seat to another. Long story short, it was just the seat switch and now we have his seat working normal again.

The point of the story is, blue truck had a skosh over 200 miles on it when I came rolling back in town. So since it might sit in the driveway for the next 6 months (who knows) I went ahead and topped it off with some fresh squeezed dinosaur juice. 203 miles and 9 gallons. The pump clicked off at like 8.85 gallons or so, but I had to hit 9 gallons with it to give me that 9th point, I'm so OCD about it. That's 22.56 mpg. Not too shabby for a 23 year old, 7,140 pound truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My son's G35 has had the passenger seat not working. It wouldn't incline. And was stuck in a far reclined position. Not too comfortable for passengers. We had been working on it while he was home between spring and summer classes. But didn't get it fixed. About 6 months ago, I sold a crashed G35, to a guy that lived on the far north side of Atlanta metro. I've been texting with him about snagging a switch from the seat of that car, since he's not using the seats.

On Saturday morning I got up and drove blue truck to Woodstock, where the crashed G35 now lives. I took blue truck to give me a conveniently heightened platform from which to work, the tailgate. Swapping parts from one seat to another. Long story short, it was just the seat switch and now we have his seat working normal again.

The point of the story is, blue truck had a skosh over 200 miles on it when I came rolling back in town. So since it might sit in the driveway for the next 6 months (who knows) I went ahead and topped it off with some fresh squeezed dinosaur juice. 203 miles and 9 gallons. The pump clicked off at like 8.85 gallons or so, but I had to hit 9 gallons with it to give me that 9th point, I'm so OCD about it. That's 22.56 mpg. Not too shabby for a 23 year old, 7,140 pound truck.
    That's pretty good! The best I ever got out of my 05 was 20mpg. That was for an entire tank while commuting across the city. Figured that was good for a dually that's 8000lbs.

That truck is in great shape! Most out this way aren't that clean unless they're full of aftermarket panels and/or bondo.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

Convert that to Imperial and it's impressive for any modern crossover/suv.

With the insane torque can't you find a rear axle like, oh, 2.25:1? I recall some car from the not distant past had a 2.65:1 so Detroit has made those style parts. What's the rear axle now?