Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The fleet grows...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Oh yeah. I always forget. Since (fo' real), I've never used, chiba, hiba, schmiba, or any of the 'ibas. Not saying I won't (before I'm dead). Just that I haven't, don't know how / where I even could.
    You could in almost half the states in America, so no issues there. Polling shows almost 70% of Georgians support ending prohibition if any politician has the backbone to put it to a vote. In the mean time we'll continue to let criminals profit tax free because Grandma is clutching her pearls in Dublin, GA, thinking about the "Reefer Madness" film she saw in highschool. Lol.

Oh yeah. I always forget. Since (fo' real), I've never used, chiba, hiba, schmiba, or any of the 'ibas. Not saying I won't (before I'm dead). Just that I haven't, don't know how / where I even could.
    Duh, just go to the weed store! Or buy it online lol https://aglc.ca/cannabis/online-legal-cannabis-alberta
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I still have a funny feeling a well designed 5 spd. auto will shift smoother and more reliably than a cheap 8 spd.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Don't forget that sweet, sweet, chiba.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You could in almost half the states in America, so no issues there. Polling shows almost 70% of Georgians support ending prohibition if any politician has the backbone to put it to a vote. In the mean time we'll continue to let criminals profit tax free because Grandma is clutching her pearls in Dublin, GA, thinking about the "Reefer Madness" film she saw in highschool. Lol.
    I'm the grandma clutching her pearls. If it's legalized, I believe it will be overconsumed, and will usher in harder and harder drugs. If it is legalized, it should only be legalized to a) men, b) who are 65 years of age or older, c) who've been married to their wife for over 10 years (exceptions apply), and d) and can show consistent tax filings for at least 20 years. That's really the only segment that NEEDS it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I'm the grandma clutching her pearls. If it's legalized, I believe it will be overconsumed, and will usher in harder and harder drugs. If it is legalized, it should only be legalized to a) men, b) who are 65 years of age or older, c) who've been married to their wife for over 10 years (exceptions apply), and d) and can show consistent tax filings for at least 20 years. That's really the only segment that NEEDS it.
    Weed has been legal here in Washington for nearly a decade and when legalization was on the ballot I was skeptical as well. I don't partake, but I know many people who do. They go to work, do their jobs, and pay their taxes. Personally, I couldn't care less if they want to go home after work, microwave a bunch of burritos, and smoke an ounce while they watch all the Lord of the Rings movies back-to-back-to-back. It is a free country.

Marijuana is highly regulated for content, super cheap, and really easy to get here as a result. The government makes a fcuk-ton of money off weed taxes which they spend on God-knows-what. Nobody is in jail for having weed or smoking it. Cops and courts can busy themselves with other things. DUI laws and drug trafficking laws apply to weed just as they do to alcohol or other controlled substances. You can't legally grow your own weed.

The sky hasn't fallen here. To be perfectly honest, all the people I know who smoked it before legalization still smoke it now. They just don't have to worry about being arrested anymore. None of the people I know who didn't smoke it before legalization smoke it now...myself included.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Weed has been legal here in Washington for nearly a decade and when legalization was on the ballot I was skeptical as well. I don't partake, but I know many people who do. They go to work, do their jobs, and pay their taxes. Personally, I couldn't care less if they want to go home after work, microwave a bunch of burritos, and smoke an ounce while they watch all the Lord of the Rings movies back-to-back-to-back. It is a free country.
    I'm in agreement with you there.

Marijuana is highly regulated for content, super cheap, and really easy to get here as a result. The government makes a fcuk-ton of money off weed taxes which they spend on God-knows-what.
    They waste it on pure crap for probably 85% of it.

Nobody is in jail for having weed or smoking it. Cops and courts can busy themselves with other things. DUI laws and drug trafficking laws apply to weed just as they do to alcohol or other controlled substances. You can't legally grow your own weed.

The sky hasn't fallen here. To be perfectly honest, all the people I know who smoked it before legalization still smoke it now. They just don't have to worry about being arrested anymore. None of the people I know who didn't smoke it before legalization smoke it now...myself included.
    I could certainly be wrong here. I can and tend to be somewhat negative thinking about, well drugs in general. The fact is, I've never partaken, and drink very very little. I can't personally judge between the two. I hear that drinking effects motor skills more than the 'ibas. Potentially making alcohol more dangerous than all those different 'ibas. Even though I may reply negative things about the 'ibas, I don't think negatively about Dirk or anyone else on here who partakes. We're all brilliant geniuses!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I didn't know it was legal in Ontario for a couple of years. Shows how little I pay attention to what goes on around me. I can't drink but there's lot of other nonsense in life that costs next to nothing to enjoy, so I do.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)