Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
I should clarify my post. Ares, forget about a minivan. However, I'd take a minivan over ANY SUV, any day. However, you already have an SUV, so ... you'd just take a bath to trade to a minivan at this point. I will add, a minivan is a helluva lot more useful / valuable than an SUV (in my book). But women have to have their images upheld. Why an SUV does that is beyond me.

I had a 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring from March 2006 through about 2018. I bought it 11 months after my 3rd son was born. So we had it until my oldest was 17 and pretty much out there driving himself around. It was a helluva vehicle. There was nothing that van couldn't do. The ride was better than an SUV, higher mpg, lower insurance, 2 sliding power doors, held gob loads of luggage behind the 3rd row (no need for a roof or hitch carrier you see on SUVs) yada yada yada. It was the best option for hauling 3 small boys around. But when it was no longer needed, out the door it went. Of course, it had 170k miles on it, and the transmission was just starting to have light symptoms that others had before the transmission took a dump. So I dumped it before it dumped me. Great vehicle though.
That's one thing the SUV crowd would point to, minivan transmissions going out too early but I agree with you 100%. Besides a little more towing capacity, the SUV is inferior to a minivan. I'm surprised your Honda transmission was dying at only 170k miles. I expect that from a Caravan or a Pacifica but not from an Odyssey?