Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage USB input compatibility (Windows, Android, iPhone, other?)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    According to the manual, any device that supports "disk mode" should work with the USB plug.

Most devices' connectors can be set to work in different modes. "Disk mode" is often one mode that might be available.

So, phones should work, if you can go into the settings to put its connector into usb disk mode (the car's computer sees the device as a plain usb disk with files).

Last edited by cookiemonster; 05-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just set up a folder on the root of the phones internal memory, and another "test" folder on the external SD.
    Typically most phones know when they're plugged in, and automatically set themselves to sharing mode unless specified otherwise.
    As long as it looks like this: Folder/Files, or Folder/Files/Folder/Files, etc. then it will work, but they HAVE to be in a main folder on an object like phones and it would probably be a good standard practice to name it "audio" or the likes just in case.
    I haven't done it, but I know my 16gig drive I bought from ripoffshack for 9 bucks on clearance works just fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't get my Mirage to recognize my iPhone 5c. It will charge it all day long, but if I want to listen to music, I have to stream it via bluetooth

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I use a 32gb usb flash drive, and it works perfectly, navigation of the files is weird, its not alphabetical for some reason. Audio In on the front of the stereo is pretty weak using my galaxy s3, maxed volume on both, and it is only kinda loud. Sound is good though.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I have not tried it, but why do I have Phone knobs on the steering wheel in a Space Star without touchscreen?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I removed the plastic case from my 32GB PNY flash drive and wrapped it in heat shrink tubing to minimize the strain on my usb port in the glove box. It is surprising how small most of these are without the cases. It works perfect with more than enough space for my music collection.
    From this:
    Name:  pny flash drive original.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  2.7 KB
    to this:
    Name:  32GB FlashDrive.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  10.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up buying a 128gb flash drive and it works. Same problem as others though with it not being in alphabetical (or numerical) order

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just a guess, but I suspect the system reads the files in the order they were written into the directory space. When you copy a bunch of files to a usb stick, the directory does not, necessarily, follow the order you selected. The audio system doesn't have a sorting capability and just shows the raw order.
    If I'm right, you could copy one file at a time in the order you want and it would show up that way. But nobody's gonna do that!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 44.2 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.1 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aphotog04987 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-04-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Was wondering if anyone is using a 32gb usb drive to stream mp3s from?
    If so what is the brand and model? Is the loading time ok?
    Anyone using usb 3.0 drive?
    I have the one below and it plays fine formatted as fat 32 with about 6000 tracks on it however it takes at least 3-4 minutes to load every time I turn the key on.
    Was hoping to find something a bit faster loading even if a usb 3.0 drive would work.
    http://s0.static.mymemory.co.uk/imag...1353489723.jpg

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My pny 128gb one reads fast. I hit next and it plays. It's always on random.