Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mirage USB input compatibility (Windows, Android, iPhone, other?)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks Kev,

And yes Cobrajet, that's exactly what happens to mine, always says loading... Bluetooth gives me access to my whole phone, phonebook, playlists, favourites call list, I won't go back, but I will say it does drain the power in my iPhone 5 but they've always had shocking battery issues....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am not sure I want to read 8 whole pages of this, my apologies, but my USB drive works wonderfully...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I am not sure I want to read 8 whole pages of this, my apologies, but my USB drive works wonderfully...
    If possible please give details of usb drive make and model, formatting details, file folder/structure and approx amount of mp3 tracks and your loading time when key is turned on. Much appreciated.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kev_12345 For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-18-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post

So does my girlfriend's...

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

European Mirage no bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    European Mirage don't have bluetooth except when you get the multimedia pack with touch screen
    Yes, I have it.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So thankfully I got my usb working normally again.
    I did experiment with dumping all my tracks in the root folder of the drive and that gave horrible loading times (2+ hrs initial load / 30min subsequent loads)
    I ended up deleting everything and copying my music collection back in artist \ album folders. Deleted all the album artwork and any files that were not mp3. Also, just in case some of the files names were causing problems I ran the drive through a free program (RenameFiles ver.2.3b) to remove special characters from file names and took the extra step of using the program to remove spaces in file names as well.
    The initial load time after doing all this was about 30 mins. After the initial load and once it started playing I cycled through the random, repeat, display, and page buttons a few times, skipped a few tracks ahead, scrolled the wheel to show some folder names and then left the function on random. After key off and back on again it resumed from the last track playing and random function stayed on. Also, the load time clocked in at an acceptable 1min 55sec for about 5,600 tracks / 680 folders / 26GB which is the best load time I've seen for my collection. Hope this info is able to help some others who are frustrated. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it but now that it's working it's staying put and not going to mess with it anymore.
    Drive is SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB USB 3.0 formatted as Fat32

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kev_12345 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-21-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm just getting into MP3 players and such so have a question.
    I have a Sony Walkman NWZ-E465 16GB and the Mirage's stereo voice commands work, to a point.
    I've downloaded about 4 GB worth of music sorted by playlist to my Sony, no trouble.
    But when I call up the Sony on the Mirage's stereo and request the playlist format the stereo claims I
    "have no playlists " then asks if I want to playback by "genre" which is cool,it will do that
    but I don't understand why "playlist" is off the menu.
    I've looked through both manuals with no luck, am I missing something obvious?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    European Mirage don't have bluetooth except when you get the multimedia pack with touch screen
    No touchscreen here and still Bluetooth in my Dutch Mirage. So Touchscreen is not necessary in Europe.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I had the non touchscreen radio and always faced trouble loading mp3.
    No I have gottten myself an SSD usb stick 128gb and added folders with 99 mp3 each.
    About 8000 mp3 on it now and it loads in about 30 seconds and the best it remembers where it stopped before.
    previous tries with old usb stick that was slower kept the radio starting from the 1st track

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    I'm just getting into MP3 players and such so have a question.
    I have a Sony Walkman NWZ-E465 16GB and the Mirage's stereo voice commands work, to a point.
    I've downloaded about 4 GB worth of music sorted by playlist to my Sony, no trouble.
    But when I call up the Sony on the Mirage's stereo and request the playlist format the stereo claims I
    "have no playlists " then asks if I want to playback by "genre" which is cool,it will do that
    but I don't understand why "playlist" is off the menu.
    I've looked through both manuals with no luck, am I missing something obvious?
    I gave up trying to play stuff from external sources, especially if the track count was large and the ID tags were not complete. I'm too lazy to try to clean up my 28gb mp3 mess on my phones micro SD card.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)