Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage USB input compatibility (Windows, Android, iPhone, other?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage USB input compatibility (Windows, Android, iPhone, other?)

I was trying to use my USB input for the radio the other day. I was unaware of the true USB input until I came across it in the top of the glove box, I have not tried the generic auxiliary port in the front of the radio.

I plugged my phone into it, and no surprise device incompatible; I ran into this in my Impala as well. My phone is a Windows mobile 8 OS Nokia Lumia, not much support as far as pairing up like with my old Android and other people's iPhones.

I am curious if anyone has had any luck plugging a generic MP3 player in and having it work, or if it has to be a Zune, Android, or iPod/iPhone to work.

Please share your experiences, if any with the USB input. My goal was to use my phone and stream Pandora, I can always get my old Android phone out and go through the hassle of using my hotspot from my WP8; what a PITA every time in and out of the car.

-Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a Coby MP620 mp3 player that works with the USB port in the glove box. The radio recognizes it, and you use the big radio knob to access the music on the player.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fifteenwindow For This Useful Post:

RedDE5Spd (03-02-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you, good to know. I have a Zune, somewhere, but would rather buy something else as I am unable to make my Zune do anything (it's old).
    Does the USB charge your player also?
    I've been considering wiring in a 1 to 4 12v block, but if it charges the player I could skip adding power outlets.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, it charges the player, too. The Coby player I have cost like $26 shipped, and it has 8G. I've been using it for a year without problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fifteenwindow For This Useful Post:

RedDE5Spd (03-03-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My next question to follow mp3 players is what, if any, external hard drives could be recognized. I hooked up a seagate but figured it wouldnt work with its weird drivers it requires you to install before using and I proved to be right. It isn't readable.

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    I am having problems using the USB as well, even my ipod doesn't work. Just says does not recognize the device.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had problems with an iPod, too. I was using a cable that only charged the iPod, it didn't allow communication. Once I got the correct cable, it worked fine.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2004 View Post
    I am having problems using the USB as well, even my ipod doesn't work. Just says does not recognize the device.
    Use official cable, no chinese made crap. My ipod works perfectly, my iPhone 4s and 5 works without a problem.
    I'm now using Sandisk nano 16 GB (this device is so damn small you don't even see it)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDE5Spd View Post
    I was trying to use my USB input for the radio the other day. I was unaware of the true USB input until I came across it in the top of the glove box, I have not tried the generic auxiliary port in the front of the radio.

I plugged my phone into it, and no surprise device incompatible; I ran into this in my Impala as well. My phone is a Windows mobile 8 OS Nokia Lumia, not much support as far as pairing up like with my old Android and other people's iPhones.

I am curious if anyone has had any luck plugging a generic MP3 player in and having it work, or if it has to be a Zune, Android, or iPod/iPhone to work.

Please share your experiences, if any with the USB input. My goal was to use my phone and stream Pandora, I can always get my old Android phone out and go through the hassle of using my hotspot from my WP8; what a PITA every time in and out of the car.
    I gave up using my 8 year old Ipod classic on USB as I didn't need it. (It worked really well by the way including the voice search function)
    My Nokia Lumia 520 works brilliantly on BT. I just put a 32Gb TF card with my music collection on set it up and forget it. It just works great with the standard music software and is completely seamless with sat nav, calls and texts (I can dictate a reply). I even got an upgrade with the WP8 software which upgraded the phone to Bluetoothv4 with a noticeable improvement in sound quality.
    If I need to charge I use the powerplug (lighter socket).
    Last edited by jid; 03-03-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jid View Post
    I gave up using my 8 year old Ipod classic on USB as I didn't need it. (It worked really well by the way including the voice search function)
    My Nokia Lumia 520 works brilliantly on BT. I just put a 32Gb TF card with my music collection on set it up and forget it. It just works great with the standard music software and is completely seamless with sat nav, calls and texts (I can dictate a reply). I even got an upgrade with the WP8 software which upgraded the phone to Bluetoothv4 with a noticeable improvement in sound quality.
    If I need to charge I use the powerplug (lighter socket).
    European Mirage don't have bluetooth except when you get the multimedia pack with touch screen

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)